What's everyone reading at the moment?

I've got three on the go at the moment .... Tales of Mystery and Suspense by Edgar Allan Poe, Dubliners by James Joyce and The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. (spot the English student!! :rolleyes:)

I've got three on the go at the moment .... Tales of Mystery and Suspense by Edgar Allan Poe, Dubliners by James Joyce and The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. (spot the English student!! :rolleyes:)

NOw you see I just couldn't do that.... 3 books on the go.... I can only manage one at a time.... :eek: I would def be confused.com!!!

Mich - My Best Friends Girl is GREAT Id really recommend it. I have the Marshmallows for Breakfast one too, just havent got round to starting it yet

Thanks Sandy - I look forward to getting them - though prob won't get round to reading them till my summer hols - in August.....:eek:

My Best Friends Girl is brilliant - absolutely brilliant .... it's by Dorothy Koomson and she also wrote The Chocolate Run and Marshmallows for Breakfast - the other 2 are good but MBFG is really excellent I'm sure you'll love it.

From what I remember Bookends is pretty good and there's Babyville as well - think it was Babyville that had me crying all over Scotland at one stage as we were visiting family and I was reading it in the back of the car ;)

Bookends was actually the first one I read - Babyville, yep, caught me and made me :cry:

Remember Me?

Typical Chick-Lit - disappointing ending.

What Is Everyone Reading Right Now?

Just to start things off;

I've decided to have a stab at something meaty so on Saturdya I started reading:

A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth

I've read Tolstoy's War and Peace and enjoyed it thoroughly so if I can do that I think A suitable Boy will be just as rewarding. So when you ask "what is everyone reading, I'll just be saying the same thing for a few months. :)

cah-ching - a suitable boy sis fantastic! you will enjoy it

i am reading - candle moth by r j ellory

Hi all

I have just finished Winnesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson. It is an old Penguin Classic about a small town in America a century ago. A wonderful book - I loved it.

Now I'm reading Dean Koontz's Hideaway - only about 30 pages in so far but seems quite good.

I'm reading Things I Want My Daughters To Know by Elizabeth Noble --- it's a chick lit but I'd say it's more quality than alot of them. The characters appear real with lives that you can imagine/get involved in .... I've dumped my other books solely for this one.

Well I'm just about to start reading Atonement by Ian McEwan:rolleyes: as I need to write a book review on it:rolleyes: I hope to have finished it by Friday:eek:

I'd never read anything by Barbara Taylor Bradford before but just read her latest two books The Ravenscar Dynasty and the follow up Heirs of Ravenscar.

Thoroughly enjoyed them

Irene xx

I'm just started reading Daughter of mine by Anne Bennett. Seems good up to now.
Bye xx

I'm reading Mrs Zhivago of Queens Park by Olivia Lichtenstein.

I was listening to the author being interviewed about the book yesterday on Vanessa Feltz's show on BBC Radio London and I thought "That's my life she's written about!" :eek:.

I got the book yesterday and began reading it this morning. Loving it already! :)

I am reading Bad blood by Linda Fairstein. It's her latest and I have read all her others. I love her books.

I just started reading Promise me by Harlan Coben. I love his books, they are so gripping I can't put them down!

Back