What's everyone reading at the moment?

I love Harlen Coben too. Have just read, 'Tell No One'. It was really good I read it in a day. Like you said, I couldn't put it down either. Going to start 'The Woods' next.

I am reading Stonehenge by Bernard Cornwell who was author of Sharpe ooooh my knees have gone weak!!! the book is quite good too

I love Harlen Coben too. Have just read, 'Tell No One'. It was really good I read it in a day. Like you said, I couldn't put it down either. Going to start 'The Woods' next.
The Woods is next for me. These are his latest 2 books and I have read all his others. Have you read any of Linda Fairsteins books? I noticed a connection in one of his books and when I asked him if there was a connection he said "Well spotted, there is" but wouldn't elaborate! Her work is also fab and I've read all of hers now.

The Woods is next for me. These are his latest 2 books and I have read all his others. Have you read any of Linda Fairsteins books? I noticed a connection in one of his books and when I asked him if there was a connection he said "Well spotted, there is" but wouldn't elaborate! Her work is also fab and I've read all of hers now.

Hi Taz no I haven't but am going to look out for them. May have a browse on Amazon will help keep my mind off food.

Hey Taz, just looking at your last post... is there any chance he could BE Linda Fairstein- a lot of authors do write undercover, and if you noticed a connection but he wouldnt tell you....!? lol im sure its not that but it does make me wonder! x

I originally thought that could be the case but there is a picture in the cover of one of her books and she is definately a woman! I do wonder if maybe she is his wife or just a friend. It was only one crossover, just seemed like a cheeky hint at acquaintance. They are both fanastic authors but their style is very different, both New York based though

hmmmm they could be using someone elses face as a decoy and paying them....or something....? Lol its an interesting thought tho xx

I'm about two thirds through The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall. I only bought this book as it has a recommendation by Kate Mosse on the front cover. I loved Labyrinth by Kate Mosse so I thought it would be of the same ilk. Bit dull in places, so not really one for the beach.

Just finished a book called Sins of the Father by Kitty Neale.... was good.....:D

Also read one last week called 'Hoping for Hope' by Lucy somebody.... that was good too... bout a woman who hits 50 who finds out she's pregnant and hasn't slept with her hubby for a few years - and the babys father is some young student of her's..... good story!!

Has anyone read any of the A - Z crime books by Sue Grafton? My 12 year old son is asking for them but I'm not sure they are suitable... he has a reading ability of 16 years+ so could handle the actual reading - it's the content that concerns me - although he's a bright lad and understands between fact and fiction.... they aren't likely to turn him into some psycho are they?????? Any info gratefully received before I start spending - if they are Ok there is a great deal through the Book People - the first 10 - 12 I think for a tenner!!

Thanks guys!

PS - Gonna read 'My Best Friends Girl' next week......

(I;m impressin myself reading books and it's not even my holiday...:D)

I'm reading The Secret Life of a Slummy Mummy by Fiona Neill, not high brow but it's making me laugh.

Loved it when she went to the school assembly with yesterdays knickers making a lump in the leg of her jeans!!!
I read that, it just gets better with every chapter. Very funny

Has anyone read any of the A - Z crime books by Sue Grafton? My 12 year old son is asking for them but I'm not sure they are suitable... he has a reading ability of 16 years+ so could handle the actual reading - it's the content that concerns me - although he's a bright lad and understands between fact and fiction.... they aren't likely to turn him into some psycho are they?????? Any info gratefully received before I start spending - if they are Ok there is a great deal through the Book People - the first 10 - 12 I think for a tenner!!

Thanks guys!

PS - Gonna read 'My Best Friends Girl' next week......

(I;m impressin myself reading books and it's not even my holiday...:D)
I have got them but haven't read them yet. I would say possibly not suitable for a 12 year old because of their content not because of the reading age. Give it 2 years I'd say. Read some yourself and see what you think, you know better than anyone else how mature he is

I'm reading Cider with Rosie. I can't believe I haven't read it before. It is wonderful. I'm pretty sure it is about to become my favouritest ever book!

Now reading Pillow Talk by Freya North ..... think it's going to have the predictable ending but I'm finding it a nice read.

I have got them but haven't read them yet. I would say possibly not suitable for a 12 year old because of their content not because of the reading age. Give it 2 years I'd say. Read some yourself and see what you think, you know better than anyone else how mature he is

Thanks for the advice.... might just leave it till he's older - they don't sound like my kinda book.... though you never know..... I'll read pretty much anything....

Thanks again......

I'm reading Take a chance by Sarah Mason-great for lovers of chick-lit.All about sisters ad their Abba tribute band

I am reading Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix, for what i think is the 8th time. just love those books!

Back