What's everyone reading at the moment?

I have managed to avoid Harry potter-- no more!!

My dd has just started P3 and their tables are named after characters and my dd wants to read the book, I thought they were a bit much for 6yrs olds but as I haven't read them maybe they are suitable, thoughts?

16 lost : 51 to goal

I personally don't think Harry Potter is suitable reading for a 6 year old, as the content of the books can be quite dark and scary (not that I get scared as an adult, but a child may if you know what I mean!). Books 3 onwards are definitely not suitable, the dememntors would give any young child nightmares! :eek:

I've just read "bared to you" as my follow up to my fifty shades obsession lol!! :)

It was good and I'm looking forward to the follow up but my goodness it has so many similarities to fifty it's hard not to compare!

Anyway an easy read for me!

I also read "all the single ladies" and "my single friend" both by Jane Costello which are both easy reads if anyone likes chick lit books that don't involve alot of thinking! ;)

fizzyfluff said:
I have managed to avoid Harry potter-- no more!!

My dd has just started P3 and their tables are named after characters and my dd wants to read the book, I thought they were a bit much for 6yrs olds but as I haven't read them maybe they are suitable, thoughts?

16 lost : 51 to goal

I don't think it's suitable for a 6 year old. The 1st and 2nd book from 8/9 onwards maybe but from the third book onwards the story becomes increasingly dark and some parts would probably be quite frightening to a young child. The books are fantastic, but I'd say that really they are aimed at 11+.

Hope that helps:)

Still reading we need to talk about Kevin, it's taking ages! Getting quite good now, and I'm getting towards the end. Now I'm used to the writing style I think it's worth a read.

Still reading we need to talk about Kevin, it's taking ages! Getting quite good now, and I'm getting towards the end. Now I'm used to the writing style I think it's worth a read.

Awwwww I'm glad you like it & decided to give it another go.

Happy Holidays said:
Awwwww I'm glad you like it & decided to give it another go.

I'm glad I gave it another go, I hate to give up on books- well good books that is! About 80% through. That boy is getting more evil by the page!

Just downloaded Ash by James Herbert for the kindle, 20p bargain!! going to get stuck in tonight and let you know if its any good xx

Just finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth which I really enjoyed. I'm now reading The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein. It's a re-read but it's probably nearly 20 years since I last read it and I can't really remember it very well so giving it a read in preparation for the movie which I can't wait for!

Reading Alight by K.C. Neal

Back