What's everyone reading at the moment?

Still reading Matched. Hmmm, it's ok. Nothing much has happened and I'm 2/3 through. I don't know if I'll bother reading the next one. Disappointing so far, it had potential.

Next up is The Other Boyelin Girl by Philippa Gregory.

Still reading Matched. Hmmm, it's ok. Nothing much has happened and I'm 2/3 through. I don't know if I'll bother reading the next one. Disappointing so far, it had potential.

Next up is The Other Boyelin Girl by Philippa Gregory.

I'll be interested to see what you think of The Other Boyelin Girl, it sounds very good.

Happy Holidays said:
I'll be interested to see what you think of The Other Boyelin Girl, it sounds very good.

I shall let you know! I hope it lives up to my expectations as the Tudor era is one of my favourite historical periods. I love history in general, maybe I should have been a historian...

I currently have two books on the go. During my commute to work, I'm re-reading Interview With The Vampire, and my bedtime book is Walden by Henry David Thoreau. Loving both of them! Haven't read Interview With The Vampire since I was in school, so it's quite a treat.

OddSock said:
I currently have two books on the go. During my commute to work, I'm re-reading Interview With The Vampire, and my bedtime book is Walden by Henry David Thoreau. Loving both of them! Haven't read Interview With The Vampire since I was in school, so it's quite a treat.

Ooo... A true favourite of mine... You may just have prompted a re read! Xx

Happy Holidays said:

Enjoying it so far. I don't know how historically correct it is, and also the characters speak in very modern English, which of course they would not in tudor England. It's not very realistic and it's a bit like chick lit, but I'm enjoying it. The writing isn't amazing either, noticed a few sentences that I've thought needed to have been edited properly! But then I am a bit if a grammar freak...

I just finished "A Street Cat Named Bob" by James Bowen, it is really uplifting, true story of a homeless recovering drug addict who takes in a stray cat who turns his life around!

purpleboots said:
I just finished "A Street Cat Named Bob" by James Bowen, it is really uplifting, true story of a homeless recovering drug addict who takes in a stray cat who turns his life around!

Sounds like my kinda book!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Enjoying it so far. I don't know how historically correct it is, and also the characters speak in very modern English, which of course they would not in tudor England. It's not very realistic and it's a bit like chick lit, but I'm enjoying it. The writing isn't amazing either, noticed a few sentences that I've thought needed to have been edited properly! But then I am a bit if a grammar freak...

Well that surprises me, I've only read one of Philippa Gregory's books & I thought it was very good. Grammar isn't my strong point but I do tend to notice bad grammar when reading.

Happy Holidays said:
Well that surprises me, I've only read one of Philippa Gregory's books & I thought it was very good. Grammar isn't my strong point but I do tend to notice bad grammar when reading.

It is enjoyable, I will want to see the film after:)

I will be getting back to game of thrones soon, I'm almost finished with my diploma. 3 weeks till assessment and then I'll be able to take on some longer books!

I'm re-reading R is for Ricochet by Sue Grafton. Kinsey Millhone is one of my favourite PIs
I see SG has a new paperbook out - V is for Vengeance - looking forward to reading that.

Just finished reading Long Walk in High Hills by Selena Scott. Hmmm okay but not rivetting. Prefer to read Chris Stewart.

I've now just begun A Walk in the Park by Jill Mansell.

lippy66 said:
I'm re-reading R is for Ricochet by Sue Grafton. Kinsey Millhone is one of my favourite PIs
I see SG has a new paperbook out - V is for Vengeance - looking forward to reading that.

Read A is for Alibi recently and really enjoyed it...xx

I really enjoyed V is for Vengeance...definitely better than U is for Undertow :)

Back