What's everyone reading at the moment?

In anticipation of the film next year I'm reading Enid Blytons the Enchanted Forest!!! and it's the non PC version with Jo, Bessie & Fanny :D If only I could stay up all night reading Enid Blyton like I used to.

In anticipation of the film next year I'm reading Enid Blytons the Enchanted Forest!!! and it's the non PC version with Jo, Bessie & Fanny :D If only I could stay up all night reading Enid Blyton like I used to.

I love those books I have the whole set, think I may have to get that out tomorrow- that has made me happy x

I used to love The Magic Faraway Tree and The Wishing Chair... xx

Completely forgot about the wishing chair. May need to find that today as well

Currently reading Little Face by Sophie Hannah. Very good so far.

The Martian. Best book I've read in a very long time...particularly if you like science based novels. Gonna be made into a film next year

Anybody read Fallen to Far - A novel ???

Just finished Sophie Hannah - the telling error. Just about to start skeleton road by Val McDermid - really looking forward to it!

This wasn't my usual read either but it was really entertaining - now planning on buying the sequel 'The Rosie Effect' on my kindle. Hope it's just as good.
I didn't know there was another one will def be getting it I really enjoyed the first one, made me laugh out loud x

Just finished Philomena which was very good and very sad. Very different to the film also if anyone has seen that as it concentrates mostly on Michael's life with his adoptive parents in America rather than Philomena's search for him which is what the film is all about. Now on Daughter by Jane Shemilt. We are going to discuss this in the bookclub that some of us from my work have started up xx

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Just finished Philomena which was very good and very sad. Very different to the film also if anyone has seen that as it concentrates mostly on Michael's life with his adoptive parents in America rather than Philomena's search for him which is what the film is all about. Now on Daughter by Jane Shemilt. We are going to discuss this in the bookclub that some of us from my work have started up xx

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the synopsis about Philomena, I've seen the film but not read the book, I may read the book now as it'll be good to see the 'other side' of things.

Back