What's everyone reading at the moment?

Buried by Jussi Adler-Olsen, hope it is as good as the others I like the characters

Just started reading Philomena, I saw the film last year & loved it apparently there is much more info in the book so I'm looking forward to reading it.

Just started reading Philomena, I saw the film last year & loved it apparently there is much more info in the book so I'm looking forward to reading it.

I read the book first before watching the film! Love both (but cried!) but they are so different! The book is definitely more detailed and focuses much more on his life in America from baby to adulthood! The film only touches on that! X

I've finished The Miniaturist which was great, Waterstones book of the year 2014! Something a bit different! Now I'm on The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins which is very fascinating so far!! X

Just finished The Girl On the Train- a great psychological thriller - really enjoyed it!! The Martian by Andy Weir next which is about a man who is stuck on Mars!! It has great reviews! X

Oh that does sound good x

It's not something I would normally choose to read, but I heard about it on the radio and then saw reviews on Amazon, you know what it's like - 'people who read this also liked ... ' and so I got sucked in! So very excited - I will report back midway through! X

It's not something I would normally choose to read, but I heard about it on the radio  and then saw reviews on Amazon, you know what it's like - 'people who read this also liked ... ' and so I got sucked in! So very excited - I will report back midway through! X

Okie dokies, I'd appreciate a review midway, thank you x

Okie dokies, I'd appreciate a review midway, thank you x

Quarter-way report....REALLY enjoying it!! Despite the sometimes over my head science stuff, the narrator explains it so well that I actually somehow seem to understand it!! It's very compelling reading as you keep wanting to turn the page (or in my case tap the screen!!!) to find out just how he's going to get himself out of the latest scrape/dead end!! What's also great is that you hear if from his diary , but also from Nasa on earth! Thoroughly recommend giving it a go!! I'm really not a sci-fi girl normally but The Martian has grabbed my interest!! X

Quarter-way report....REALLY enjoying it!! Despite the sometimes over my head science stuff, the narrator explains it so well that I actually somehow seem to understand it!! It's very compelling reading as you keep wanting to turn the page (or in my case tap the screen!!!) to find out just how he's going to get himself out of the latest scrape/dead end!! What's also great is that you hear if from his diary , but also from Nasa on earth! Thoroughly recommend giving it a go!! I'm really not a sci-fi girl normally but The Martian has grabbed my interest!! X

Awwwwww thank you so much for quarter way report, it does sound really good & a different way of writing/reading if that makes sense, I'll put it on my very long list of books to read!! x

Mine is also very long!!! Next on my list is Stalkers by Paul Finch, a crime thriller! He's been highly recommended so I'm going to give it a go!! Then The Confession by John Grisham, as I've never read any of his either, and recently a friend claimed that it was the best book she'd ever read, so I feel compelled to give my opinion! X

I'd just wait for the films, really - unless like me you like reading mindless things - they're okay not brilliant - good enough to be pleasantly surprised after my review here

I'd just wait for the films, really - unless like me you like reading mindless things - they're okay not brilliant - good enough to be pleasantly surprised after my review here

I've read them and thought they were ok. ...but then I'll read anything! The problem with a lot of these types of books is that the ending can become very predictable but I did like the way this one went x

Back