What's everyone reading at the moment?

Does anyone use Bookmooch.com? I was recently put on to it and now I'm addicted. If anyone's interested, here is a link to my inventory http://www.bookmooch.com/m/inventory/tinley

Not many in there at the moment as I recently took a whole box full to the local charity shop, but I will keep adding to it whenever I can.

Apologies for being a thread-stopper yet again! Please ignore my previous post and carry on your interesting discussion about books. I was enjoying reading your reviews.

Hi all, I've just finished reading Marian Keyes, This charming man. Found it difficult to get into in the beginning but loved it by the end. I just love her humour and although there is a serious issue behind the book she does make it very light hearted. I love kids books too, read all the Harry Potters! Just started reading The eyes of a king by Catherine Banner.

I just got done rereading the Jaz Parks series. Today, once I get off work, I get an early copy of the final book in Twilight - Breaking Dawn - so I can study my "part" tonight - either Esme or post-turn Bella depending on my whim. So very excited. Love this series.

ive just finished The Time Traveller's Daughter, was excellent!! completely original, i couldnt put it down. started it on friday night and had it finished my sunday morning.

excuse me, obviously made a mistake here! the book is called The Time Traveller's Wife. i am an eejit :eek:

Helen of Troy by Margaret George- its my second reading of it, great retelling of a well known story. Very readable.

Currently reading "The Other Side of the Story" by Marian Keyes, her books are superbly funny, I don't do chic-lit as a rule but make an exception in her case!!

excuse me, obviously made a mistake here! the book is called The Time Traveller's Wife. i am an eejit :eek:

I did wonder if you meant Wife rather than daughter. :D I even looked the 'daughter' title up on Amazon. :doh:

I'm about to start one called The Magicians and Mrs. Quent by Galen M. Beckett.

"The Secret Life of Slummy Mummy" by Fiona Neill. Yes, its a girlie book, but its funny and poignant too. I am really enjoying it, light & frothy tho it is!!

Inkheart

i've just finished reading a book called Inkheart written by Cornelia Funke:

"Meggie loves books. So does her father, Mo, a bookbinder, although he's never read aloud to her since her mother mysteriously disappeared. The live quietly until one night a stranger arrives. Mo starts panicking but wont tell Meggie why. They must Go into hiding. But from what?
Soon Moes secret is revealed...he has the amazing ability to breathe life into stories, to make characters come alive......."

This book is FAB!! Totally takes you away to another place!

I'm on a "19 books in August" mission. I just bought the entire penguin celebrations series. They were a bargain - 36 books for £70. And they look so pretty. Penguin Celebrations Set - Penguin Books

So, to make room, I have been reading the books I won't want to keep after I've read them. The trash so to speak although just becuase it is easy to read doesn't make it trash. Plus I have sorted around another 20 to give to the charity shop/ mum.

So far I've read 12 but to be fair some of that was finishing off books I had started already. I have a week off next week so I hope to finish the other seven then.

Oh, by the way, it's 19 becuase that's half of 36 plus the one I was reading.

Does anyone use Bookmooch.com? I was recently put on to it and now I'm addicted. If anyone's interested, here is a link to my inventory http://www.bookmooch.com/m/inventory/tinley

Not many in there at the moment as I recently took a whole box full to the local charity shop, but I will keep adding to it whenever I can.

OOOOh you should try this one same concept, much more user friendly :D

www.readitswapit.co.uk

Ive swapped over a hundred books on there.

Ive just finished No time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay, very good.

Also, 31 Dream St by Lisa Jewell, chiclit but very quirky and sweet.

I have just finished The business of dying by Simon Kernick. I now have to hunt out another book before I go to work which isn't such an easy task since I got rid of my bookcase!

I love the Rebus books by Ian Rankin - the tv series was quite good, but i much prefer the books. ANyone else into these books?

I love the Rebus books by Ian Rankin - the tv series was quite good, but i much prefer the books. ANyone else into these books?
Funny you should say that, I watched the programme Ian Rankin done last week and I have been meaning to read his books for a while but I don't yet have any. Yesterday I took a new book into work only to find out when I got there that i had already read it so I gave it to one of the drivers! So I looked in our bookshelf at work and found a Rebus book! I was well pleased. Can't remember what it's called, it's the one about a rapist that gets murdered then an MP commits suicide

I'm currently reading "The Crimson Petal and The White" by Michel Faber. Excellent book.

I love reading and am working my way through a booklist called "101 Books to Read before you die" which Ottakers bookstore published as part of a promotion a few years ago.

~Silence~

Back