What's for dinner tonight?

Good grief fattack, you seem to be quite the sophisticated lady! I seen on a thread the other day that you went to Oxford - bloody Nora! At my university we just skip the sherry and go straight for the vodka...
I was out last night, so I too am very hungover today Michael. The worst is, even though you tell yourself that you'll be good, I always get the uncontrollable mega munchies when I've got a tipple in me. :17729: I practically demolish everything is sight, but that's maybe because I'm a student so I'm probably so tipsy that I've forgotten that I just ate 10 minutes ago. :D

Drink is surely the calorie counter's worst enemy!

These days I'm worse the day after when my blood sugar levels are going crazy! It took ALL my (hungover) discipline to fill up on celery and light cream cheese yesterday rather than ordering a takeaway in. Mmmm pizza....

Drink's also annoying - have been in deficit according to MFP all last week. One night out on the sherry and it practically destroys all your previous work! :cry:

A single port (before mixer) is 90 calories. That's actually not too bad alcohol wise if you ask me! I usually go for vodka and diet coke, so it's just 50 calories each. I HATE diet coke and all those fizzy things, but on a night out it's probably much better than some of the other stuff you could drink.

That's not too bad, though I don't know how far a single port would take you! What's half a bottle, hmm about 1000 cals? :eek:

Yeah vodka diet coke is horrendous. I've never understood how people can drink it. It always tastes grainy to me. I try and stick to Absolut vodka (the flavoured stuff) and diet tonic. Except Friday night where I had about 7 pints. :(

Tonight for tea it's a BBQ at a friends. No idea what she's doing but I'd guess just burgers an hotdogs :( I really don't want to be the saddo in the corner with a Tupperware of lettuce but I also don't want to be off the wagon today! Aaahh what to do !!! Fingers crossed she does jackets and a salad bowl but by past experience I very much doubt it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Maybe you could take those things then you'll know you can have them?

caroline g said:
Maybe you could take those things then you'll know you can have them?

This is actually a very good idea!! If I hit the supermarket I could make up a big batch of chicken skewers grab some pittas and a prepacked bag of salad :) and turn up with my 'contribution' to the fun :) haha I have an eeeeevil plan muahahaha

Starter: Two slices of homemade crusty bread, topped with garlic mushrooms and a tomato and basil sauce (320 calories)
Main Course: Cajun Chicken with wholewheat pasta ribbons, mixed with veg (400 calories)

Dinner Total = 720 calories and that's for LARGE portions! :D

This is actually a very good idea!! If I hit the supermarket I could make up a big batch of chicken skewers grab some pittas and a prepacked bag of salad :) and turn up with my 'contribution' to the fun :) haha I have an eeeeevil plan muahahaha

How did your BBQ go legomom? I love BBQs, you always hear the latest gossip! ;)

Ooh it was all really juicy!! My one freind choked on a hotdog!! She had a drunken girl on girl evening last yr (which we've been cheerfully ragging her over ever since) and we were all chomping happily away when the girl concerned turned up with her ...... Gasp! .....husband in tow!! 'twas hilarious!! And my freind has a new boyf living with her who was VERY interested in her little experimentation!!! Not that we care bout any particular sexual orientation in our group it's just too easy to wind her up with it!! Cue much drunken chortling and innuendo heehee.

I also discovered sweet chilli chicken skewers from tesco are only 37 cal!!!! So I had me a large handful!!! There was a bad moment when one of the lads put a bowl of steaming hot fresh garlic bread in my reach but I managed!!! Ended the day with sore tummy muscles from laughing and at 1267 cals :) win all round!!

And you say that your friends don't have any juicy gossip!!

This is a very rare occurrence now we are all getting old!!! That particular freind is possibly an exception tho ......the little minx lol

Dinner tonight.........nothing at this rate there's no damn food in my house!!! Thinking dry chicken tikka from the take out tho lol it's not tooooo bad!! Onion salad one poppadom an a smidge of Magog chutney!! Yumyum

We had jacket potato, beans and half southern fried chicken steak from tesco, about 480cals with a little side salad. Not the most exciting dinner lol x

Prawn and noodle stir fry... ate too much of it though... why can't I eat a normal amount when it's really tasty?!?!?! Going to have to only eat stuff that I hate at this rate!!! x

Pork steak and 1/2 pasta n sauce. Not very healthy, but hubbie cooked and was ready for when I walked through the door, so no complaints from me! :)

I found a birds eye chicken chargrill loitering at the back of my empty freezer! Was gutted lol made a potato salad with low cal Mayo and a lovely cucumber salsa type Thingy (probably not in any recipe book lol) was pretty yum but I'm wishing I'd had the take away lol

I found a birds eye chicken chargrill loitering at the back of my empty freezer! Was gutted lol made a potato salad with low cal Mayo and a lovely cucumber salsa type Thingy (probably not in any recipe book lol) was pretty yum but I'm wishing I'd had the take away lol

That sounds really nice! I have been thinking about making a low cal potato salad for some time :) What potatoes did you use?

I am having tuna steak with roasted onions, aubergine, courgette and peppers tonight. I LOVE aubergine!

Morrigan ^^^ just baby new ones in their skins :) apparently they are being classed nook in the GI stakes now! Yaaaay!!! boil em, drain and rundown a knife thru the pan to roughly chop, chuck in some spring onions or chives or mint or radish....anything really! And stir thru the Mayo :) I like em warm but they keep ok for a day.

Tea tonight is birds eye salmon in herb butter a very hearty salad with a bit of everything thrown in and the last few new potatoes :) yum. Strawberries for pud with a tiny dab of clotted cream if I have the spare cals. It's all very summery!!

Tonight for me is rice and weight watchers korma, maybe a bit of low cal garlic baguette too! Ive been lazy and done no exercise today so kick up the behind for me!

Back