Whats for tea tonight?

loosemyageinweight said:
Cauliflower mash sounds good - made the same as normal mash, just with cauliflower?

Yeah! I discovered it when I wanted to pit something 'on top' of my cottage pie :p just put a (syned) dollop of creme freche on there and voilà! x

As I'm having a fairly 'involved' lunch (butternut squash half filled with bns flesh mixed with red onion, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and a Schwartz herb mix), I'm having good old-fashioned baked beans on (Nimble) wholemeal toast.

Funky monkey said:
Sw chips, grilled chicken, mushy pea curry & salad

Never tried the curry or chips so hoping it's yummy - still holding judgement on mushy pea curry ?!?!

It's amazing. You don't even know it's mushy peas, if you blend it you just get this lovely thick curry sauce. I made it when my niece came to stay last week and she ate 3 servings and wouldn't believe it had mushy peas in, even when i showed her the empty tins in the bin. Lol.

It's my new favorite thing. Having it tomorrow too, will be putting it in the slow cooker in the morning, so all i'll need to do is cook some rice when i get home from work. It's sad how excited I am about it.

Tea tonight is going to be either pea soup or egg, quorn sausage, chips and beans. Can't decide which way to do my meals today.

Last edited:
Gotta get me a slow cooker!! Would u recommend? Can u cook anything in it, does it all come out like a casserole? Xx

Hi Kieragh! I love my slow cooker! I would personally recommend a large oval one, because you can cook so much more in them! There are only 2 of us at home, dh and myself, but I take leftovers to work or freeze stuff so nothing is ever wasted! A whole chicken (delicious!!), a whole lamb joint (from frozen if you like!!) When doing whole meat joints the meat actually falls clean off the bone- it's amazing! And yes, all sorts of casseroles, curries, chillies, the list is endless! Invest in a slow cooker cookbook too for ideas! You can buy a cooker quite cheap- I have a Breville 5.5 litre oval one which was about £25 but Tescos and Asda sell them for about £10-£15!X

funcurls said:
Hi Kieragh! I love my slow cooker! I would personally recommend a large oval one, because you can cook so much more in them! There are only 2 of us at home, dh and myself, but I take leftovers to work or freeze stuff so nothing is ever wasted! A whole chicken (delicious!!), a whole lamb joint (from frozen if you like!!) When doing whole meat joints the meat actually falls clean off the bone- it's amazing! And yes, all sorts of casseroles, curries, chillies, the list is endless! Invest in a slow cooker cookbook too for ideas! You can buy a cooker quite cheap- I have a Breville 5.5 litre oval one which was about £25 but Tescos and Asda sell them for about £10-£15!X

Oh wow!! Sounds brill, plus I thought they were expensive, will get one tomorrow!! Xx

It's amazing. You don't even know it's mushy peas, if you blend it you just get this lovely thick curry sauce. I made it when my niece came to stay last week and she ate 3 servings and wouldn't believe it had mushy peas in, even when i showed her the empty tins in the bin. Lol.

It's my new favorite thing. Having it tomorrow too, will be putting it in the slow cooker in the morning, so all i'll need to do is cook some rice when i get home from work. It's sad how excited I am about it.

Tea tonight is going to be either pea soup or egg, quorn sausage, chips and beans. Can't decide which way to do my meals today.

Mmm i think this sounds intriging!! I would like to try this! How did you make it huni? I will bung it in my slow cooker tomorrow morning, get weighed tomorrow night so it is always a late dinner for me on a Monday night :cry:

I have chicken breasts cooking in slow cooker at the moment with leeks and lots of spices through it. Probably have with savoury rice and Potatoe Wedges :)

Wicca303 said:

Hiya , would you mind please popping the mushy pea curry for the slow cooker on here, I've seen it before but I can't find it. X

Have I missed something?? is rice a HEB on original Pebbles67? I thought it had to be synned....

Mmm i think this sounds intriging!! I would like to try this! How did you make it huni? I will bung it in my slow cooker tomorrow morning, get weighed tomorrow night so it is always a late dinner for me on a Monday night :cry:

Hiya , would you mind please popping the mushy pea curry for the slow cooker on here, I've seen it before but I can't find it. X

Hi,

I mix the sauce first. Blend together 1 tin mushy peas, 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of water, 1tbsp of curry powder (or however much you like), 1tsp cumin, 1tsp coriander powder, chilli powder to taste. In slow cooker i put chopped onion, carrot, mushrooms, peppers, celery, any veg i fancy really, (sometimes i put in quorn pieces or you could add browned meat) pour the sauce over the top and stir in. Leave on low for however long (i'm out from 7:30 until about 6). When you get home if it looks too runny, turn up to high and cook without the lid for 30 mins to thicken.

If you have the HEB and syns you can do a fake naan too. Crush 1 garlic clove and mix with 1 or 2 syns worth of extra low fat marg, slit open top of a HExB wholemeal pitta, and stuff the garlic butter inside, wrap in foil and bake for 5-10 mins at 200c or gas mark 5. I'm going to try it with some HExA cheese grated in next time to see if i can do cheesy naan. :D

Back