Whats for tea tonight?

I make that leak & pea pasta dish & admit its really easy but is actually quite nice. I tend to add sweetcorn too as I love the stuff & love that fact I can have it on green days !!

I had semolina sw chips, 1 quorn spicy bite, 1 apple quorn sausgae, sweetcorn, carrot and broc

I did soup in the slow cooker. Ham, split yellow peas and lots of veg, covered water and spices and oxo stirred in.

I really love the pre peeled / chopped packs of soup veg and casserole veg. It makes it so easy to get everything in the slowcooker in minimal time in the morning. It was so lovely to drive home looking forward to my dinner being cooked and ready instead of knowing I it's another job to do when I get in.

I'm making sweet chilli philladelphia kievs with purple wedges and petit pois

purple wedges?

spaghetti and tomatoey pasta sauce for dinner. But just made a lovely broccoli and blue cheese soup to have for lunch tomorrow (thanks to *honey for recipe :D)

I got it from October SW mag-
Leek and pea pasta

serves 4
  • 14oz/397g fusilli pasta
  • 1 veg stock cube
  • fry light
  • 2 leeks, thinly sliced
  • 9oz/225g frozen garden peas
  • 40z/113g light philly garlic and herbs
  1. place the pasta in a large bowl of water, add the stock cube and cook for 10 mins.
  2. Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with fry light and palce over medium heat.
  3. Add the leeks and peas and cook for 10 mins.
  4. Drain the pasta, reserving 4fl oz/113mol of the cooking stock, and return to the pan.
  5. In a bowl, mix together the reserved stock and philly mixture.
  6. Add the philly mixture, leeks and peas to the pasta, season and mix well.
Syns per serving: green 2 1/2
Thanx : ) x

Hmmm. Roast Parsnips and Carrots with something, hopefully a cheapy reduced steak from the co op or failing that chicken stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon. Mmmmmmmm

I cant recommend the leak and pea past enough its mega nice! Freezes well to!

Tonights tea was beef casserole but my OH won't be in for tea so just me - now doing green day again as really enjoyed chips egg and beans last night so having it again nom nom nom lol

Tonight I'm doing
slow braised chinese pork and stir fried cabbage, onions, mushrooms and peppers
The pork is in the slowcooker and smells gorgeous so far :D

Back