Whats for tea tonight?

I had SW quiche and SW chips. OMG it was luvverly :D

2 huge burgers with red onion and tomato in a whole meal roll (HEB) served with butternut squash "chips"

Delicious!

Can't make up my mind what to have tonight.
Was supposed to have a veggie curry out of the freezer but only one portion in there not two (so DH would have to go without lol!!)
So I'm either going to have spaghetti cooked with spring onions, green beans and peas in a garlic Philly light sauce...
Or a lentil dhal with rice...
Decisions decisions

We're having Jacket potato with prawns and a ton of salad for dinner tonight as I have to go out the house about the time he gets in so I can leave his spud in the oven and the rest plated for him :)

SW friendly lasagna I reckon?!?! xxx

oohhh Im one a red day so doing home made:-
lemon and black pepper chicken goujons, luxury cauli/broccoli/leek/carrot cheese and spicy wedges :drool:-comes to 5syns plus heA

Im going to attempt to use quark in a SW quiche, with tuna and veggies :) Hope it works!!

Rubber chicken is what you call it when you have *stretched* a chicken to do several meals... so in our house I might do:-
  • roast chicken dinner
then strip all the meat off and use some to make a pie, some to make a pasta dish and then use the carcass to make stock to make chicken n sweetcorn soup ..
Hope that makes sense :p

Tonight we're going to be a bit naughty. It's WI night so I've been eating light today, but it's also my sons 3rd birthday, and there is loads of food left over. It's 'mostly' healthy stuff I made, but there's also sausage rolls and sandwiches and crisps, and pasta salads (shop bought). So after WI we'll be having some of the food. I don't think it'll blow the plan (sarnies are ww danish brown anyway as I only buy that now) and I will be keeping track of what I have and reducing the rest of the weeks syns accordingly.

Rubber chicken is what you call it when you have *stretched* a chicken to do several meals... so in our house I might do:-
  • roast chicken dinner
then strip all the meat off and use some to make a pie, some to make a pasta dish and then use the carcass to make stock to make chicken n sweetcorn soup ..

thats exactly what I am doing capricorn :D tonight is rubber chicken paella I think!

I make stock by boiling the carcass of the chicken for an hour or so in some water with some carrot, onion, bayleaf, garlic etc.
Then drain all the bits out, let it chill and any fat solidifies on the top so you can easily remove it and make it fat free!
Simples !

with the rubber chicken - how do you make stock out of the remains -??? and are there syns in this?
x
hi Ella -yes its syn free -

I strip all the meat off (discard any skin/fat) and throw the bones in a big pan with a carrot -chunked, a whole onion cut in half (leave the skin on if you want a stock with colour ;)) cover with cold water -and you can throw in a bay leave, a couple of cloves if you have them. plonk the lid on and bring to the boild-then reduce the heat and leave to tick over for at least an hour -longer if possible -then just strain -and pick any left over bits of chicken off,

oops -crossed posts with sarah

Back