Whats for tea tonight?

Wow, lots of inspiration on this thread!

I'm going to try the SW veggie jambalaya tonight, never made it before so fingers crossed it turns out well!

We're having sliced chicken breast, roast potatoes, veg and syn free onion gravy.

Homepride Tomato and Herb pasta bake for me (6.5 syns for 1/4 portion of the whole thing) with lots of salad.This is my first week on SW and this was the quickest thing in for tea tonight.
Just looked it up and discovered I could have had the one with bacon or pepperoni OR the one with crumb topping for less syns :cry:
Oh well I know for next time!

Just made mushy pea curry. Never had it before and REALLY enjoyed it, although I didnt have much veg left, need to shop so it was just a ton of onions hehe. =)

i am having the mushy pea curry as i am going to my sisters for tea

how do you make syn free gravy??

I fry a load of onions in fry light, then add beef stock and bring to the boil, then I whizz it (either in the blender or with a hand blender) and the onions thicken it to gravy consistency and give it a yummy flavour.

On another note, our tea has changed since I noticed a tub of quark needs using today, so we are now having garlic and herb creamy pasta bake instead, and will do the chicken tea tomorrow.

I have just had shepherd pie made with xtra lean mince and lots of BNS, carrot,turnip and sweet potato added. The topping was made with smash, FF fromage frais, and hex B LF cheese...it was fantastic!

stew with syn free onion gravy mash carrots and green beans roast pot and yorkshire pud hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm loved it

then some hm syn free ice cream :)

had beef casserole, lots of cabbage n a bit of mash, am trying hard to cut down the free n have more superfree! it left me with another portion of casserole to have for dinner tomoz......happy days!

Tonight I am going to try making the home made donner kebab for 1syn.
Served with co-op WM pittas and loads of salad!
Oh and maybe a dollop of extra light mayo too!

Salmon En Croute (24 syns worth!) and veggies - although i might change this if i gain at weigh in (which is looking likely :( )

x

Back