Whats for tea tonight?

this...

40094-albums2849-picture17032.jpg

in fact, almost the same every night.. trying different things with the chicken..

I think I'm going to try the Mushy Pea Curry :) It was mentioned in the group last week and people have been raving over it.

Why do you have the same every night my dear??

I like roast chicken dinners and can do the prep in 15 mins and then it's in the oven and forget it until the timer pings..
anything else means slaving over a hot stove, or faffing about..
It's simple and works well for me..
The few times I've tried mixing it up with pasta and rice dishes, I've had poor losses, so if eating the same thing every night and week means I can keep having good losses ( 4-8 lbs depending on syns ), then I'm fine with it..
Once I get down into the low 20's I will re-asses the situation..

Vegetable chilli burger with wholemeal roll as HEX B and mozzarella as HEX A, wedges and salad. Plus a little glass of wine, synned of course!

mmm one of my favs can I ask what recipe you use :D

Hi, it was from an old Slimming World mag (my consultant was selling old issues 3 for a £1), I didn't follow it completely but it was DELICIOUS. my boyf said it didn't taste diet at all.

Serves 4, 2 syns per portion

I used:
a 250g packet of soba noodles
6 spring onions
About an inch of Ginger chopped into little pieces
2 garlic cloves chopped up
1 green pepper, sliced
1 packet of mangetout
Carrots (supposed to be chopped into matchsticks but I couldn't be arsed and used a vegetable peeler to make strips instead!)
1 packet of Asda stirfry mix
1 tin of chinese veg
1 red chilli
1 egg
2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
14g of peanuts, crushed.
1 lime

Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions.
Combine the sweet chilli sauce, soy and fish sauce in a little bowl.
Fry the garlic, ginger and spring onions for 30 seconds.
Add the mangetout, the pepper and carrot for 2 minutes.
Add the stirfry mix and chinese veg and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the chilli and stir in.
Add the egg and scramble in with the veg.
Add the sauce and mix well.
Put on 4 plates and put the peanuts on top.
Squeeze the lime on.

DElish!!!! :p

Toad in the hole, mashed potatoes, curly kale and carrots.

Can't wait!!

Toad in the hole, mashed potatoes, curly kale and carrots.

Can't wait!!

How do you cook your curly kale?? I buy it often but end up feeding it all to the rabbits as I don't really know the best way to do it!

I did try roasting it once (read on a foodie website that it was nice) but found it really bitter!

cheers, J x

Its cornedbeef hash for us tonight -proper stick to your ribs stuff :D... I made it yesterday so it could stand, so I just have to warm it up later. There is plenty to do at least 6-8 portions so hubby will be happy as he can take it for his lunch a couple of days too ;)

Back