Whats for tea tonight?

I love coming on this thread and pinching ideas for dinner.
Tonight I think I am going to have a green day feast of qourn sausage and bake bean casserole with very cheesey mashed potato. I may be in need of this for comfort as I have a job interview this lunch time and am rapidly becoming a jumpy puddle of nervousness. I hate interview :/ And when they come a few days after you husband has received a redundancy notice and your job isn't exactly secure it doesn't exactly help.

Ooh looks like today is a very fishy day for everyone!
I tend to avoid cooking fish as it either has no flavour or is full of those dreadful bones :(

I think I posted mine last night (gamon etc) so won’t bore you all with a repeat :D
Enjoy your fish everyone! Haha!

Atomic pink said:
Tonight I think I am going to have a green day feast of qourn sausage and bake bean casserole with very cheesey mashed potato. I may be in need of this for comfort as I have a job interview this lunch time and am rapidly becoming a jumpy puddle of nervousness. I hate interview :/ And when they come a few days after you husband has received a redundancy notice and your job isn't exactly secure it doesn't exactly help.

Good luck!!! The nerves are a good thing, they will spur you on once the adrenaline kicks in! Xxx

tonight I have pheasant casserole - in the slow cooker with broth mix (lentils, beans, pearl parley etc) going to do some braised red cabbage & broc and carrots too and some mashed or roast spuds. Not sure how its gunna turn out, but was totally impressed with myself, I come from "out in the sticks" and grew up on pheasant/pigeon/duck etc but have never actually dealt with a whole bird myself, I thought this weekend I will do it. If I say so myself I didnt do a bad job!!! Just skinned and breasted the pheasants and plucked and gooed the partridges (which I have later in the week roasted) Gross to some I guess but nothing beats the freshness!

Helen xxx

Hey Helen, well done, I don't come from the sticks, but sorted some phesant the other day, just did them simply with onions & mushrooms in the slow cooker - lovely, Hope you enjoy

Deb

Good luck :)

Good luck! Will have my fingers crossed for you :D
Just keep positive and remember you're the most confident person in the world and the job is yours!

Thanks for luck wishes.
I am usually a very confident person but I have only ever had about 3 interviews so they absolutely terrify me. Ah well, I have done the research, I know i could do the job. Its probably all a matter of luck now anyway.

Good luck! Will have my fingers crossed for you :D
Just keep positive and remember you're the most confident person in the world and the job is yours!

A 3lb loss this morning has helped on the confidence front I must say!

Good luck Atomic Pink.

Tonight I'm having Tesco Healthy Living Chicken in tomato and basil sauce (syn free yay) with new potatoes and some veggies - carrots, green beans, peas

Im having a green day today.... so Im making Spanish rice with chicken + chorizo (8) it is gorgeous -It would only be 2.5syns on EE -but it works out better value for me to syn the meat element and get and extra A+B :sign0151:

Last edited:
Tuna and Feta Frittata for me, with a baked potato and cottage cheese... and loads of it...!! xxxx

I am having Cottage pie, broccoli, carrots and green beans. Cottage pie is made with extra lean mince, onions, mushrooms & mixed veg with oxo cube & mashed potato on top. Think it works out at 2syns for the butter in the mash but mad enough for 4 people so 1/2 syn.

Chicken, butternut squash and red pepper casserole (made up recipe but yummy and almost syn free) with baked potato and broccolli. Nom nom nom...

Back