Whats for tea tonight?

SW Kfc chicken in wholemeal wrap with salad in, sw fries and corn on the cob! Yum!

Greek style chicken kebabs, turkey shish kebabs and bubble and squeak

Mushroom risotto sounds pretty tasty! I'm thinking... chicken and mushroom pie with bubble & squeak and carrots.

giraffegirl said:
Greek style chicken kebabs, turkey shish kebabs and bubble and squeak

Have you got a recipe for these kebabs sound a great alternative to takeaway and also what syns are they? Thanks x

I'm making the chicken and mushroom pie. Tried it for the first time on Sat and it worked out fab! The other half loves it as well so it's definately something that will be cooked more often in our house!

Yum! x

Have you got a recipe for these kebabs sound a great alternative to takeaway and also what syns are they? Thanks x
i work on te premise that they are sin free! Its a made up in my head recipe though! I just marinate some chopped up chicken breast in natural low fat yogurt with herbs ( oregano, thyme, rosemary, allspice, blackpepper, parsley, touch of paprika ) and leave it overnight in the fridge - then i thread them onto skewers with peppers, roughly chopped onion and mushrooms and shove them in the oven for about 25 minutes - delish. The turkey shish is just all my spices with minced turkey and an egg, sqished together with a dollop of chilli powder and baked in an oven at around 160 for 35 mins. Sadly I cant follow recipes and therefore cannot bake a cake! I make most of mine up as I go along but I am very attached to my revolving spice rack!

Chicken curry and rice tonight!! Curry is going to packed out with LOTS of veggies!!! MMM! can't wait! Only thing I forgot was me poppadoms from co-op! Probably just as well as i'd eat the lot! x

Going to the folks house for Home-made Spag Bol (a mix of quorn & lean steak mince)... Made by my wee mammy who is also on the plan

Only have to syn the tomato puree on EE

xx

Chicken & mushroom pie sounds lovely, do you have a link to the recipe please

leftover bolognese - spiced up with kidney beans and chilli powder - lots of rice and salad to go with it - all free as used extra extra lean mince :)

Egg rice with pork and vegetable stir fry.

another Indian Feast cooked up from my new Indian cook book, tonight is Chicken/quorn tikka with a spicy chickpea dish and a spicy potato dish.

I had home made chicken biriyani (adapted to make it slimming world friendly) and salad with pepsi max. I'll be having a skinny dipper lolly chopped up with a banana for pudding....xx

Am on a red day so Chickenbreast stuffed with Laughing Cow Light, Tomato, Mushroom and Onion baked in the oven. Hmmm

I have had a nosy at the site, do you make the six portions as per recipe? Just not sure if you can freeze the spaghetti,oh I have just realised I could make the sauce for 6 and do the spaghetti seperately as required. Can you use all that amount of philadelphia as a HEX? If I was syning it have you any ideas what the syn value is? I am sorry for all the questions I am such a diabolical cook and just want to make sure I have it right in my head. Thank you

Lol thats ok, i only cook for 2 people so adjust the recipe slightly
for 2 -
75g to 100g pasta per person
6 rashers bacon fat off(3 rashers is a HEB)
114g light philly(garlic and herb is very good, 57g is HEA)
1 egg yolk
150 ml veg stock
i also add onion and mushrooms
cook as per recipe on philly website

**philly is a HEB not A though my consultant disagrees lol!**

Last edited:
Just to let you know, philly is only a HEXB on green - so will need to be synned if not using it as a HEXB or if you're doing EE.

Tonight I'm having beef chilli out the freezer (2 syns for chorizo) and rice... no energy to cook at the mo!

Hi i had this argument with my C the other wk about this as you are right its not listed as an A choice in the book........can't remember her exact words but she said it can be used as an A choice as its a form of cheese?........i'm quite happy with that answer lol. I don't have this every wk so don't think it will do any harm! When i put it in my tomato soup i usually syn it.:D

Back