Whats for tea tonight?

Hollys Nan, Tuesday Emma & Emsie, thanks so much for the info regarding the lamb shanks - they're just so tasty!

Been offline for a few days, so aaa catch-up :
Thursday EE boiled bacon, chive
mashed potatoes (quark), processed peas, carrot, brocolli, cauli - plus the stewed onion :)

Friday Green quorn mince, onions, mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn in gravy made with oxo & bovril, onion mash (0% Greek) loads of carrots & swede

Tonight - thinking seafood paella

We are having sausage and bean casserole - its a schwartz slow cooker mix - its 5.5 syns for the packet - so between hubby and I and 2 kids (who despite being only 3 and 1 seem to love mummys new diet and eat loads!)

Its smelling lovely - I am using syn free italian sausages and cannelini beans mmmm not sure what I am serving it with, defo broccoli - maybe rice or mash! decisions decisions!

Tonight we are celebrating our fifteen year anniversary of when we got *together ;)* for the first time

Melon & Serrano ham

lamb shank stew (dunno how it tastes, threw some shanks, onions, stock, herbs and tinned toms in the slow cooker 2 days ago, and its been sitting in the fridge since)
carrot
cabbage
new potatoes (HEB)

strawberries and squirty cream (1)

we will probably indulge in some bacardi and coke zeros later in the eve

Sw chips, grilled chicken, mushy pea curry & salad

Never tried the curry or chips so hoping it's yummy - still holding judgement on mushy pea curry ?!?!

Extra lean mince rice and herbs and spice's wrapped up in a cabbage leaf and cooked in veg stock yummy

Was one of those evenings I was at a loss.

So I fried off some bacon, onions, peppers, carrots, sweetcorn and peas. Added rice and stirred in an egg. A dash of soy sauce and salt and pepper.

It turned out gorgeous. Really fast and easy and very tasty. Plus lots of leftovers if I get picky later on :)

I had planned on having the sw chicken tikka masala.
Made it, cooked it & it's horrible! No idea what's gone wrong but it's so dry :-(

Now rummaging to find something quick to go with the rice!

Back