Whats for tea tonight?

I;ve always been quite unsure of the mushy bean curry, all the ingredients i love soooo might have to make some, though mushy peas in a curry? Stillcant see that but we shall see.
That's what I was like. I was so unsure of it and was completely expecting it to end up in the bin, but I was very pleasently surprised. You should definitly try it!

I put a tray of veg in the oven to roast - red onions, courgette, cherry toms and mushrooms and added them to simmered chopped tomatoes and garlic to make a chunky pasta sauce. Then just boiled some fusilli pasta. It was lovely.

We have had chilli chicken thighs (skins removed), chilli roasted pots (HEb), some left over carrot & swede mash, some broccoli & cherry plum tomatoes - gorgeous!!

I had nothing planned for tea tonight so just threw few bits together.
I had a tin of tomato and a tin of ratuetoille (sp?) and a bovril cube mixed with some quorn mince served with carrots and mashed cauliflower
I'd forgotten how nice mashed cauliflower is!

JoC said:
I got this recipe off another thread details are

Syn Free KFC
Syn Free KFC

10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

:)

Oooh thanks I've been looking for this xx

jojogonnabeslim said:
Dear Morrisons,
Thanks so much for putting rank chicken drummers/thighs on your shelf for me to buy! It ruined my chance to make KFC for the first time!
Regards one p***ed off customer!

Omg, it smelled very chemically odd! Never smelt chicken going off before (thats if it was?). Needless to say the packaging will be going back next wk!

Kfc was supposed to be my tea last night so had egg fried rice instead with corn on cobb and beans lol followed by little bit more than half my lemon fat free cake!
Tonight on green and at work making myself mushroom, pea n sweetcorn pasta with 100g ex light philly (HEB) left my 2 x HEA grated cheese at home grrr! will have the rest of my fat free lemon cake later

What's the recipe for the cake please?? Xx

I had cottage pie too

i am making shepherds pie, with mash topping but a third if the mash being suede and carrot mash for me:) and tinned veg.

I'm having sweet & sour pork shank from Aldi (1.5syns) with home made egg fried rice and green beans.

Had a full green week this week, weigh in tonight I can't wait for tea time! x

We're having Stew tonight - the kids think it's funny to say "I love stew", so then I say "I love stew you too"! :D

Spiced Lamb, Feta (Hex A) and Spinach warm salad xxxxxx

Tonight will be beef shin cooked for 12 hours in beef stock with onion, mushroom, parsley, chives, tomato Puree and salt and pepper. Should be tender and yummy.

Back