Whats for tea tonight?

It's a SW recipe - haven't tried it before but it does sound yummy!

Spinach and potato curry
Serves 4
free on ee and green; 4 syns on red

ingredients

2 tsp each coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black mustard seeds
¼ tsp cardamom seeds
Fry Light
1 red onion
1 red chilli
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1lb/454g new potatoes
1pt/568ml stock made with or Vecon
1lb 2oz/511g spinach
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt

method

1. Crush the coriander, cumin, mustard and cardamom seeds. Place in a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
2. Halve and thinly slice the red onion. Deseed and finely chop the chilli. Peel and crush the garlic. Add the onion, chilli, garlic and ginger to the spices and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Halve the potatoes, add to the pan with the stock, cover and cook gently for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.
4. Wash the spinach, pat dry and add to the pan. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately, seasoned to taste, with the yogurt drizzled over.

Reactions: JoC
Oh how do u make the balsamic braised beef love balsamic !!! ??

I adore balsamic too :D -here is the link to the page in my diary where I have the recipe (post 589)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/149197-shedding-wobble-58.html

and in case anyone can make use of any of my recipes on page 62 of my diary there is a list of most of my recipes and where you will find them..
Hope it helps...
ooh and give me a yell if you get stuck as I do waffle in my recipes as I make most of them up as Im cooking ;)

bachelors pasta n sauce chicken and mushroom with SW chips and possibly sweetcorn.

For breakfast I had two alpens hot, with smooth vanilla muller and strawberries on top. Possibly the best breakfast ever :D

Crys said:
For breakfast I had two alpens hot, with smooth vanilla muller and strawberries on top. Possibly the best breakfast ever :D

I have this quite a lot for an evening snack but with onken fat free yoghurt. X

hubby is out so I'm having left over chilli from last week that I froze, with a packet of batchlors rice

Butternut squash, sweet potato an spinach curry with plain rice. Can't wait!

Last 2 times I've had chicken tandoori with pilau but I wasn't on SW then. Is it ok on EE? What low syn saucy dishes would u recommend?

According to my sw book tandori chicken is 9 syns for a 340g serving and pilau rice is 2.5 syns for 180g serving (boiled rice is free) so that isnt a bad option. Obviously nans are very high syns popadums are about 4 each and dips are synned too.
Dhansak is a lentil based sauce and a chicken dhansak is 6 syns for 350g serving I'd say jalfrezi is another reasonable one 8.5 syns for 350g serving of chicken jalfrezi or 7.5 for a veggie one :)

*Emsie* said:
According to my sw book tandori chicken is 9 syns for a 340g serving and pilau rice is 2.5 syns for 180g serving (boiled rice is free) so that isnt a bad option. Obviously nans are very high syns popadums are about 4 each and dips are synned too.
Dhansak is a lentil based sauce and a chicken dhansak is 6 syns for 350g serving I'd say jalfrezi is another reasonable one 8.5 syns for 350g serving of chicken jalfrezi or 7.5 for a veggie one :)

Thanks sweetie!!! :) jalfrezi it is :)

chickpea dahl, syn free chips & loads of roasted veggies. got lots of syns left this week so i'm going to treat myself to some sharwoods poppadoms (2 syns each) ...

Just had leftover tomato and mozzarella pasta bake from earlier in the week.

Tomorrow i'm doing a coq au vin in the slow cooker, the syns for the glass of wine and tbsp flour aren't that bad when it's portioned out. About 1.5 per serving. Haven't decided whther tomorrow will be red or EE so not sure what i'm having with it.

Vegetable Curry (Tesco Light Choices one because Im at work) and loads of green beans xx

I've never tried them hot before, but I'll definitely repeat it.

Back