Whats for tea tonight?

Smoked haddock, brocoli, carrots, sw chips x

Friends over so spaghetti bolognese, salad and garlic bread for the non dieters.

Cheesecake for the non dieters and I might make a SW Swiss roll with lemon curd for the dieters

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise1 said:
Friends over so spaghetti bolognese, salad and garlic bread for the non dieters.

Cheesecake for the non dieters and I might make a SW Swiss roll with lemon curd for the dieters

Kx

Ooo recipe for SW Swiss roll please!! And how many syns? X

jennyc_uk said:

Try the 1/2 syn roulade it's very nice ;0) have a look in recipes if u can't find it let me know I will re post it x

We've got a pork chop each in the fridge defrosted ready for tonight, although I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them just yet. I fancy trying to make a sort of bbq-ish sauce, but OH doesn't like bbq and it seems like a bit of a waste for just me so I'm not sure yet. I don't really fancy just veg and gravy with it, not in a gravy mood. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could do?
Also in a salady mood :)

hollys nan said:
Hi piplatts, could you possible re post the recipe for the 1/2 syn roulade? Thanks muchley! x

ROULARD
4 eggs
vanilla essence few drops
4 tblsp sweetner
strawberries or raspberries
1 tsp baking powder
1 tub quark
separate egg whites and whisk until stiff and in another bowl put egg yolks 1/2 tub quark 2 tblsp of sweetener few drops essence baking powder mix then fold into the egg whites place the mixture on a lined frylite tray bake for 10&15 mins until golden brown gas 5.With the rest of the quark , sweetener, essence and berries mix together and when the cake has cooked and cooled spread the quark mix and roll into swiss roll and put in fridge to chill for 1 hour the whole cake is 1/2 syn .

You could make a savoury one using smoked salmon and prawns or something similar

There you go xx ENJOY

Attachments

• image-1662560993.jpg
    image-1662560993.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 77
  • image-4078466597.jpg
    image-4078466597.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 78
Ah thanks hun yr a star! Looks lovely, only 1/2 a syn too. Wow, think I would probably put some syn free lemon curd in it as I'm not keen on the quark/sweetener combo. Thank you so much for re posting!

jennyc_uk said:

Do you still want my Swiss Roll recipe Hun, it's not SYN free like the half SYN roulade as it uses flour like most Swiss rolls - let me know

Kx

Kwise1 said:
Do you still want my Swiss Roll recipe Hun, it's not SYN free like the half SYN roulade as it uses flour like most Swiss rolls - let me know

Kx

Ooohhhh sounds good can u post the recipe please xx

Off to a hen party later so flexi syning after i've spent the 40 syns i've got left lol, been very organised though and made fake kebab for munchies when i get home!lol

Back