Whats for tea tonight?

hollys nan said:
Hi did you know that Tescos do a syn free lamb shank, Simply Cook lamb shank in minted gravy, lovely. Asda also do a garlic and rosemary one, also free on ee and red. As they say, every little helps, you could have syns for something else!!!;););)

Thank you! X

Leftover veggie curry with pasta. Going to be a test though as we're at my husband's family's house for the first of his b'day celebrations & they are all having Chinese :O
Fortunately I made too much last night so legitimately need to use this up so will take a tupperware container & microwave.
Determined for a good week!!! :)

Going to try Diet Coke Chicken tonight for the first time - bit sceptical but going to give it a go - think with noodles or rice - cant decide? and have bought some fresh corn on cob to have too.
- Made a cheesecake ish (5 and half syns) last night and was delish :drool: so going to do another.

Going to try Diet Coke Chicken tonight for the first time - bit sceptical but going to give it a go - think with noodles or rice - cant decide? and have bought some fresh corn on cob to have too.
- Made a cheesecake ish (5 and half syns) last night and was delish :drool: so going to do another.

ooh let me know about the diet coke chicken-i cant imagine its nice but so many ppl say its amazing! guess its just one of those try and see things lol how did u make ur cheesecake if u dont mind me asking? xxxx

juicygooseface said:
ooh let me know about the diet coke chicken-i cant imagine its nice but so many ppl say its amazing! guess its just one of those try and see things lol how did u make ur cheesecake if u dont mind me asking? xxxx

Try it believe me I was a sceptic until I tasted it... Now its a staple in our camp...xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

juicygooseface said:

My quick cheesecake idea came from on here somewhere - crumble an alpine light(3 syns) into a small dish - micro for about 15 seconds top with ( total 0% mixed with vanilla seeds, a Belgian White choc options (2 syns) and 1 tsp agave syrup (half a syn) or use sweetener but I prefer the syrup as think the sweetener gives it an odd taste ) chill - then add whatever fruit you desire - I topped mine with sliced strawbs and raspberries - the 'cheesecake' mixture has a lovely texture - could also drizzle with some of the fruit that has been blended to give a coulis type glaze x

My quick cheesecake idea came from on here somewhere - crumble an alpine light(3 syns) into a small dish - micro for about 15 seconds top with ( total 0% mixed with vanilla seeds, a Belgian White choc options (2 syns) and 1 tsp agave syrup (half a syn) or use sweetener but I prefer the syrup as think the sweetener gives it an odd taste ) chill - then add whatever fruit you desire - I topped mine with sliced strawbs and raspberries - the 'cheesecake' mixture has a lovely texture - could also drizzle with some of the fruit that has been blended to give a coulis type glaze x

And of course this is only 2syns if using the alpen lite as part of your HexB :D It is VERY nom nom ;)

Am struggling today to keep motivated after STS this morning for no reason so my options are:
*Chicken tikka masala & rice ready meal (20 syns) OR
*beef, onions, mushrooms & carrots stewed in gravy with carrot & swede mash, broccoli & cauliflower

Not sure what will win yet...

My fave Thai Salmon Burgers with Coleslaw and the Beetroot Salad Bag

Yum!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Funky monkey said:
Am struggling today to keep motivated after STS this morning for no reason so my options are:
*Chicken tikka masala & rice ready meal (20 syns) OR
*beef, onions, mushrooms & carrots stewed in gravy with carrot & swede mash, broccoli & cauliflower

Not sure what will win yet...

The ready meals are never worth it! Nowhere near as nice as a 'real' curry you could cook.. Think of all the other things you could use 20 syns on!!

Sorry if it's not my place - just trying to keep you motivated :) fingers crossed for a big loss next week for you..

Keep smiling :) xx

Befanwi said:
The ready meals are never worth it! Nowhere near as nice as a 'real' curry you could cook.. Think of all the other things you could use 20 syns on!!

Sorry if it's not my place - just trying to keep you motivated :) fingers crossed for a big loss next week for you..

Keep smiling :) xx

Thankyou, I know you're right, I seem to go into self-sabotage mode if things don't go my way :( & I always appreciate support :) x

Had my main meal now as I'm working tonight and hadnt had chance to eat this morning with exams. Had a tuna steak with savoury rice balked out with peas. Sweetcorn, pepper, mushroom and spinach. The tuna was beautiful

Tonight we are going to have asda smartprice curry sauce (lots of syns but obviously not having the whole jar to myself!) with chicken, a mixture of veg and rice. OH is going to have a naan bread with his too and I might steal a bit!

Funky monkey said:
Thankyou, I know you're right, I seem to go into self-sabotage mode if things don't go my way :( & I always appreciate support :) x

I'm all for using syns for a treat, but those ruddy ready meals are always a disappointment.. I find that if I ever go into self sabotage mode I think about what else I could use those syns for - if nothing else will do then I eat it and count the syns.. But I usually find the prospect of a glass of wine (or two) or some crisps wins over a synful 'meal' and by the time I've finished a free meal I've cooked I've enjoyed it so much I don't even want the treat anymore - but if I do - that's what the syns are there for!

Back