Whats for tea tonight?

Im/we are having chicken breast with SW chips, homemade egg fried rice, noodles and beansprouts with curry sauce at 3.5syns for 100ml.

Im getting back into the swing of things now!!

They look bloody gawjus! Where did u find the recipe ? X

I adapted it from a BBC Good Food Mag, June ed.

For 4 burgers (serves 2 if you're greedy like me!):
400g chickpeas, drained
zest 1 lemon, plus juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tsp ground cumin
1 red chilli, roughly chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 egg
1 slice wholemeal bread whizzed into breadcrumbs (1 HEXB per portion)
1 medium red onion, 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 small wholemeal rolls (1 HEXB per portion)
2 slices reduced fat cheese (1/2 HEXA or 3 syns per portion)
2 pickled gherkins, sliced, if you like them
2 tbsp Heinz fiery chilli ketchup (1.5 syns per portion) or whatever you fancy
Salad to serve

- Whizz chickpeas, lemon zest & juice, cumin, egg, garlic and chilli and plenty salt & pepper in a food processor.
- Put it in a bowl with the chopped half of the onion plus about 3/4 of the breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly
- Form into 4 burger shapes and press remaining breadcrumbs over each side. Chill in fridge to firm up until you're ready to cook
- Meanwhile caramelise the sliced red onion in Fry Light and 1tbsp white wine vinegar. Prepare salad.
- When ready to cook heat a non-stick pan, spray with Fry Light and cook each burger for about 4-5min on each side, until browning.
- When cooked, take 2 burgers, put a slice of low fat cheese on each and microwave for about 45secs until melting.
- Serve as:
bun base - lettuce - caramelised onion - burger - gherkin - 1 tsbp fiery ketchup - bun lid.

Works out at 2 HEXBs for the breadcrumbs/roll plus half a HEXA or 3 syns for the cheese and 1.5 syns for the ketchup.

I dont think it needed anywhere near a whole egg, it made it very mushy, more like hummous before the breadcrumbs went in. Next time I'd use half an egg, if that. Then you probably wouldn't need as many/any breadcrumbs to hold it together so also saving HEXB/syns.

SW quiche made with asparagus, Broccoli and mushrooms... SW chips, side salad...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

ermintrude said:
I adapted it from a BBC Good Food Mag, June ed.

For 4 burgers (serves 2 if you're greedy like me!):
400g chickpeas, drained
zest 1 lemon, plus juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tsp ground cumin
1 red chilli, roughly chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 egg
1 slice wholemeal bread whizzed into breadcrumbs (1 HEXB per portion)
1 medium red onion, 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 small wholemeal rolls (1 HEXB per portion)
2 slices reduced fat cheese (1/2 HEXA or 3 syns per portion)
2 pickled gherkins, sliced, if you like them
2 tbsp Heinz fiery chilli ketchup (1.5 syns per portion) or whatever you fancy
Salad to serve

- Whizz chickpeas, lemon zest & juice, cumin, egg, garlic and chilli and plenty salt & pepper in a food processor.
- Put it in a bowl with the chopped half of the onion plus about 3/4 of the breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly
- Form into 4 burger shapes and press remaining breadcrumbs over each side. Chill in fridge to firm up until you're ready to cook
- Meanwhile caramelise the sliced red onion in Fry Light and 1tbsp white wine vinegar. Prepare salad.
- When ready to cook heat a non-stick pan, spray with Fry Light and cook each burger for about 4-5min on each side, until browning.
- When cooked, take 2 burgers, put a slice of low fat cheese on each and microwave for about 45secs until melting.
- Serve as:
bun base - lettuce - caramelised onion - burger - gherkin - 1 tsbp fiery ketchup - bun lid.

Works out at 2 HEXBs for the breadcrumbs/roll plus half a HEXA or 3 syns for the cheese and 1.5 syns for the ketchup.

I dont think it needed anywhere near a whole egg, it made it very mushy, more like hummous before the breadcrumbs went in. Next time I'd use half an egg, if that. Then you probably wouldn't need as many/any breadcrumbs to hold it together so also saving HEXB/syns.

Thanks for that im gonna give them a go tomorrow I've got everything in to do it!! Bonus! Lol thanks again x

Just noticed I made a mistake - the whole recipe needed TWO slices wholemeal bread to make into breadcrumbs, so it worked out 1 slice per person. But the egg/breadcrumb thing is a bit adaptable I think cos I dont think their amounts were very good anyway.

Also I wouldn't use a whole lemon's worth of zest, but maybe I'm just a bit excessive with my grating :p Just a sprinkle would be plenty I think. :)

Will let you know later - off to Loch Fyne later for an anniversary meal.

Might be good........but then again........,..

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tonight I'm going to do a roast dinner style meal with chicken breast, frozen veg (so much cheaper than buying fresh i've found!), courgette (cant get those frozen and i love them) roasted baby potatoes and gravy. Little yorkshire pud for OH :)

ooh let me know about the diet coke chicken-i cant imagine its nice but so many ppl say its amazing! guess its just one of those try and see things lol how did u make ur cheesecake if u dont mind me asking? xxxx
Its one of our fave dishes, I do it about once a week. The only thing I find is that mine never thickens so I put I tbsp of cornflour (3.5 syns mix it with a little water first) and add this to the mixture to thicken it. For two people its not too bad syn wise, it makes a big difference. But you may find that yours does thicken. Have a go, its lovely. I have mine with a load of beansprouts, hubby has his with rice! Let us know how you go on

SW Classic chick curry,pilau rice,(with added onions and garlic to make garlic rice )- from SW curry heaven book, asda chickpea dhal and homemade onion bhajees from SW online recipes :) - cooking now,smells gorge and can't wait!

juicygooseface said:
ooh let me know about the diet coke chicken-i cant imagine its nice but so many ppl say its amazing! guess its just one of those try and see things lol how did u make ur cheesecake if u dont mind me asking? xxxx

Diet coke chicken was surprisingly ok :) even family liked it! Eventually I did it with a SW recipe for rice that has spring onions,peas and egg in - I put some passata,garlic granules and balsamic vinegar in which made it not so sweet as I think I might of boiled it down just a little too much :) , it does thicken if u keep boiling it but I think mine went a bit far. I shredded my chicken after griddling it and added it to my rice - i cooked my sauce separately so everyone could add as much as they liked - it's worth a go - my family said they would have it again - but everyones tastes are different :)

Diet coke chicken was surprisingly ok :) even family liked it! Eventually I did it with a SW recipe for rice that has spring onions,peas and egg in - I put some passata,garlic granules and balsamic vinegar in which made it not so sweet as I think I might of boiled it down just a little too much :) , it does thicken if u keep boiling it but I think mine went a bit far. I shredded my chicken after griddling it and added it to my rice - i cooked my sauce separately so everyone could add as much as they liked - it's worth a go - my family said they would have it again - but everyones tastes are different :)
Did you add more passata as my recipe has it already in it. Interesting though I may add balsamic vinegar as well. Thank you, will try that. I once boiled it too much as well and the sauce just dried up. The recipe says to just simmer for about half to three quarters of an hour but I still find its too thin. Perhaps my hob is different setting to everyone elses lol

we having Singapore Vermicelli from this month SW mag with WW chocolate browie desserts for afters...Mmmm

Am just having a light salad in a wee while, as still quite full after having a very delicious helping of SW friendly spag bol made by my friend for lunch. :)

Home made doner kebab and it was amazing!!! Better than a takeaway one cos my salad was better lol x

Hubby is cooking my favourite - chilli pork noodles. Nom nom!!

Well I was very naughty:-
Calamari followed by scampi & chips and then Chocolate cheesecake (disappointing pudding)

Not eaten out like this since last October (my birthday ) not had a pudding out since I can remember!!!!

Back