Whats for tea tonight?

Having a SW 3 course Indian feast tonight ANC plan on using around 15 syns on tea :)

STARTER
Popadoms x2 - 5 syn (2.5 syn each)
Mango chutney - will check the jar and allocate around 3 syns
SW onion bajhi - 3 syns (1 syn each)
Mixed salad for starters - syn free
MAIN
chicken Dupiaza - syn free
Steamed rice - syn free
SW chilli chips - syn free
DESSERT
Chopped strawberries, grapes and Pineapple with vanilla onken yogurt - syn free

My question is I know that rice is FF on EE and Not FF on Red.... But is it FF on Green days? I would then try a green day and wouldn't have the chicken in my curry and everything else would be FF/syn'd above. Plus could have porridge for breakfast then too :) otherwise it's going to have to be eggs again haha x

Just the thought of havin all that bovril as a coatin puts me off this recipe, even quarter jar seems too much :) xxx

I know what you mean...it looks/sounds absolutely delicious but I can't get my head around that much bovril. I don't use bovril and have never heard of chicken bovril...is it as strong as normal bovril? That's like marmite isn't it?

lovetosew said:
I know what you mean...it looks/sounds absolutely delicious but I can't get my head around that much bovril. I don't use bovril and have never heard of chicken bovril...is it as strong as normal bovril? That's like marmite isn't it?

Chicken bovril is delicious, the kfc I'd gorge, try it :)

Ellie666 said:
Mix jar of chkn bovril, 1 egg, pepper, garlic granules. Brushed on part cooked chicken. Then rolled in a mixture of nimble wholemeal bread, garlic cloves, mixed spices, herbs. Bake for 1mins.

It wasn't 1 min!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Having a SW 3 course Indian feast tonight ANC plan on using around 15 syns on tea :)

STARTER
Popadoms x2 - 5 syn (2.5 syn each)
Mango chutney - will check the jar and allocate around 3 syns
SW onion bajhi - 3 syns (1 syn each)
Mixed salad for starters - syn free
MAIN
chicken Dupiaza - syn free
Steamed rice - syn free
SW chilli chips - syn free
DESSERT
Chopped strawberries, grapes and Pineapple with vanilla onken yogurt - syn free

My question is I know that rice is FF on EE and Not FF on Red.... But is it FF on Green days? I would then try a green day and wouldn't have the chicken in my curry and everything else would be FF/syn'd above. Plus could have porridge for breakfast then too :) otherwise it's going to have to be eggs again haha x

Ooh, sounds nice! Yes rice is definitely free on a green day - which is good cos I live on it!:D You could always have the chicken as one of your HEBs...

Gonna try the 7 SYN pizza except mine will be a 5 SYN pizza - using the 2 left over tortillas for me and DH from yesterday's Mexican ( weightwatcher ones). I will make a SYN free tomato base and toppings plus use HEA for cheese - or even a HEB if it's a green day - yum yum (cheddar & mozzarella) then we will have BNS chips as I love them with a little salad!

fit4hols said:
Ooh, sounds nice! Yes rice is definitely free on a green day - which is good cos I live on it!:D You could always have the chicken as one of your HEBs...

Aww that's great, still doing a neutral day at the moment had omelette and beans for breakfast and cooking some veggies and prob bung it with a fat free chilli super noodle for dinner so can still go green or EE.

I would want to use my HEB for chips and a coop wholemeal pitta (going to shove some garlic and herbs on it)

Not too fussed about having the chicken but hot to have the rice which is why I knew it had to be green or EE. As been doing red for the past week x

Gonna try the 7 SYN pizza except mine will be a 5 SYN pizza - using the 2 left over tortillas for me and DH from yesterday's Mexican ( weightwatcher ones). I will make a SYN free tomato base and toppings plus use HEA for cheese - or even a HEB if it's a green day - yum yum (cheddar & mozzarella) then we will have BNS chips as I love them with a little salad!

7 syn pizza??? this sounds AMAZING!!!! how does do you do that? xx

Not posted on here for ages! Still doing SW tea's but probably having too much in syns oops!!!

Got me a few packs of Joes sausages so having the garlic n chilli ones in a mixed bean casserole with peppers onions n mushrooms, if i'm starving will have it with some smash cos i'm at work nomnom

Ray wings, if I can figure out how to prep them.

Gonna follow Jamie Oliver's recipe for Skate simmered in a Sweet Tomato Sauce from his book "Jamie's Dinners", just removing the olive oil of course!

thanks hon that's ace :)
eating a bowl of superspeed soup at the moment in an attempt to undo all of last weeks bad behaviour!!!
x

Was going to be quorn curry, rice, poppadoms and mango chutney as we were having a dinner party. But our guests have had to cancel so we're having spaghetti bolognaise instead. Curry tomorrow when our guests can make it.

Steak and wedges (only cos the SW chips never turn out right for me)

Oh, SW Chips turned out lovely for me the first time i did it! a trick i use it cooking them for 25 mins (after pre boiled for 4 minutes and dried for 10 minutes) on FULL HEAT (like 230+) and they turn out lust! cut them really skinny too and make sure you spray frylight on them mid cooking as well as before! Yummy ;):p

On my Red day today so i am deciding what to do with my lean mince and lean bacon.. hmmm....:confused:

Back