Whats for tea tonight?

I'm bowling tonight and we always go out to eat afterwards - 9.5 times out of 10 we go to harvester so I have decided I will have salad bar (no coleslaw etc) with a small scoop of blue cheese dressing then the simply chicken with a jacket potato and salsa. I haven't used any other syns and most of that is syn free.

Having a MASSIVE 3 course Indian tonight...

Poppadoms 2 syns each
Mango chutney 3 syns for 30g
Onion chutney FREE
Onion bahji's 1 syn each
Salad FREE

Chicken Dupiaza FREE
Steamed rice FREE
SW chips FREE
Garlic pitta (naan type) HEB

Chopped strawberries, pineapple and grapes with fat free yogurt FREE

Hmmmmmmmm can't wait :)

Went to lakeside this morn to pick up youngest daughters prom dress and went to food court - was very good and had jacket potato and beans - but it was the smallest meanest jacket and beans I have ever seen :-( - just had an onion,pepper,ham,cheese omelette with new potatoes and biggest salad ever for tea :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ive had a pepper stuffed with mushrooms and light spread cheese using hea
and lots of salad followed by strawberries and zero yogurt
omg is this a diet lol
i love it

I've had 2eggs scrambled with lowlow cheese mixed in & a pate of salmon & quark, pepper & lemon juice mixed in. Surprisingly tasty. Just had some raw carrot & got a frozen muller light & an apricot.

Just back from Harvester. Hoping I did ok so all comments most welcome.

Salad bar (no pasta or potato salad)
The low fat vinaigrette 1/2 a ladle
No bread roll!
combo - rump steak + chicken breast with a jacket potato and corn cob (no butter on either)
Squirt of ketchup (perhaps half a tablespoon)
About a teaspoon of blue cheese dressing from the salad bar nicked from the hubby and plonked on my potato
Diet coke

Some self restraint I think!

Also left before dessert and came home and prepped strawberries with ff :)

lsf666 said:

No bread roll!
combo - rump steak + chicken breast with a jacket potato and corn cob (no butter on either)
About a teaspoon of blue cheese dressing from the salad bar nicked from the hubby and plonked on my potato
Diet coke

I'm going on Tuesday- it's great that the menu has calories on it don't you think?

I am guessing you opted for an EE Day?

Salad Bar - free ( I think the fat free vinaigrette was around 40 cals a ladle ? - I will have to look at an old post of mine - say 1 SYN as you had 1/2a ladle

Meats are free, jacket pot free, sweetcorn needs synning (only free on green day)
Ketchup - 0.5 syns

Blue Cheese - no idea really - say 2
Diet coke - free

Well done on being so restrained and not having pud!

Kx

No bread roll!
Diet coke

hey we both did well at the harvester tonight then! I had blue cheese on my salad, about half a scoop and only free salad items, no roll and the flamegrilled chicken breast with pilau rice and salsa - I swapped the corn on the cob for green beans. It was yummy and super filling and way within my syns.

Kwise1 said:
I'm going on Tuesday- it's great that the menu has calories on it don't you think?

I am guessing you opted for an EE Day?

Salad Bar - free ( I think the fat free vinaigrette was around 40 cals a ladle ? - I will have to look at an old post of mine - say 1 SYN as you had 1/2a ladle

Meats are free, jacket pot free, sweetcorn needs synning (only free on green day)
Ketchup - 0.5 syns

Blue Cheese - no idea really - say 2
Diet coke - free

Well done on being so restrained and not having pud!

Kx

Ooh thanks for that.

Yes I really liked the calories everywhere. Especially actually by the dressings on the salad bar!

Yes I am on EE most days and I think that meant the corn was free too?

And I couldn't risk even looking at the dessert menu!!!

lovetosew said:
hey we both did well at the harvester tonight then! I had blue cheese on my salad, about half a scoop and only free salad items, no roll and the flamegrilled chicken breast with pilau rice and salsa - I swapped the corn on the cob for green beans. It was yummy and super filling and way within my syns.

Ooh. Well done you too then. I see you avoided the puds as well :)

Harvester was the first place I thought of to go because of the salad bar.

But you can have the fruit skewers for pud, the whole thing is 200calories and it includes some icecream! So if you ask them to swap the tinned pineapple (you have an allergy) for extra melon, then you can count it all as about 7syns- cause the 200 calories include the fruit and theres gotta be at least 60calories of fruit there!

it is free, just not superfree which is why I swapped it for green beans (considering I like both of them) but it is definitely free!

Shrimpy said:
But you can have the fruit skewers for pud, the whole thing is 200calories and it includes some icecream! So if you ask them to swap the tinned pineapple (you have an allergy) for extra melon, then you can count it all as about 7syns- cause the 200 calories include the fruit and theres gotta be at least 60calories of fruit there!

Good to know for next time but I think we still would have gone home and had strawberries. They were yummy and free :)

lovetosew said:
it is free, just not superfree which is why I swapped it for green beans (considering I like both of them) but it is definitely free!

Yeah I knew that too :)

I just had a load of salad to be super

True! Free (cash monies) and without the temptation of cornish vanilla icecream... ;)

Back