Whats for tea tonight?

Ooooh bolognese bake on the go :) yumness...

Its based on a couple on here. I used 4 alpen light choccie fudge, melted 20 secs each in microwave. squashed down to make thin base. mixed 2 options white choccie into a tub of quark and put on top of the base and then topped with blackberries. I sometimes top with other fruits ie strawberries and sometime sugar free jelly on top of the fruit. Its yummy and all the kids and OH love it too

I've tried this but then they were so really tough to chew and fairly brittle to cut - any tips or is that par?
xx

JackieN said:
Its based on a couple on here. I used 4 alpen light choccie fudge, melted 20 secs each in microwave. squashed down to make thin base. mixed 2 options white choccie into a tub of quark and put on top of the base and then topped with blackberries. I sometimes top with other fruits ie strawberries and sometime sugar free jelly on top of the fruit. Its yummy and all the kids and OH love it too

Thanks. I may well try that x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've tried this but then they were so really tough to chew and fairly brittle to cut - any tips or is that par?
xx

snap! just found that out.... shame as nice taste guess took longer to eat too lol

I think I will go back to low fat digestives as a base next time as worked better

snap! just found that out.... shame as nice taste guess took longer to eat too lol

I think I will go back to low fat digestives as a base next time as worked better

How many do you use JackieN and wot about marg? Ooh, I wonder if we could mix crushed digestives into melted Alpen light, whether it would be less brittle....? Hmmmmm :cool:

How many do you use JackieN and wot about marg? Ooh, I wonder if we could mix crushed digestives into melted Alpen light, whether it would be less brittle....? Hmmmmm :cool:

Funnily enough I wondered about mixing them at the time. the thing is the alpen is hard to work with ....

I usually use 5 or 6 mcvities light digestives depending how large a cheesecake I make. I use approx tsp olive spread. apparently you can use gingernut biscuits too. Some use frylight to bind the biscuit.

It's not worth using the light digestives, as they're the same each as non fat ones, so no syn saving! :(

It's not worth using the light digestives, as they're the same each as non fat ones, so no syn saving! :(

I did wonder that :(

Think I might try the baked cheesecake instead the one that doesn't have a base. Its such a shame as the quark and white choccie options with fruit on top is lovely its finding a good base not too high in syns but tastes nice

I tend to micro the alpen (or if really naughty a Ben's butterscotch) but then don't put it into a cold ramekin, if it isn't too cold it doesn't go too hard. :)

Kwise1 said:
Sounds gorgeous - could you post the recipe please?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well the Chinese pork was from asda so I had to syn it but I'm sure you could make it yourself with some Chinese 5 spice.

Anyway I boiled the rice with a veg stock cube in the water and while that was boiling I cooked onion, pork, sugar snap peas and mushrooms. Whisk 1-2 eggs together, when the rice is cooked al dente (not completly done) mix it in with the veg and pork in the frying pan, push to one side of the pan and Pour in the eggs to the other side of the pan. With a fork separate the egg as it cooked ( a bit like scrambled egg) then mix with the rice.

It's really yum and you can experiment by putting diff veg or meat with it

Quorn Chilli and rice... and Kev is making SW rice pud in the slow cooker...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I'm going to be doing chicken pasta bake for me and my friend. So chicken, onions, mushrooms, pasta, passata, pesto (synned) and cheese (hexa) yum yum. I'm looking forward to it already.

Sausage mash n veg. 3 syns for the 3 asda sausages I think and 2 for gravy plus maybe 1/2 for butter in mash.

Back