Whats for tea tonight?

Quorn fillets, bubble & squeak plus mixed veg. Synning some Bisto. So hungry, I can't wait!
Plus I'm cooking hubby burger, chips & beans (non SW he doesn't need to lose an ounce!) but think I prefer my tea! :)

I had cheese and potato pie. Which was steam fried leeks, mixed with a large potato mashed with some cheese triangles(hexa), all mixed together and topped off with fresh tomato and oregano. Baked in the oven was lovely. Had it with tinned spaghetti!

Jerk chicken with sw chips and salad

I made quorn and vegetable curry using Patak's Tikka Masala paste, quorn pieces, red pepper, swede, carrot, courjette, chilli, garlic, ginger, tinned tomatoes, coriander.. and a mound of rice with a bit of mango chutney on the side.. Even my other half who normally hates Quorn, loved it!

Tonight I had homemade spicy mushroom soup, followed by butterbean & petit pois curry, using mushy pea curry as a base with brown rice, wholemeal pitta (HEB) and a cucumber raita thingy..... it was lush :eat:

Oooh could I have the recipe for your soup please? Sounds delicious! x

I had smoked haddock with cauliflower with some cheese sauce and carrots and green beans

*Emsie* said:
Oooh could I have the recipe for your soup please? Sounds delicious! x

I had smoked haddock with cauliflower with some cheese sauce and carrots and green beans

I love smoked haddock - need to check if I have any in the freezer

Mushroom soup - all my soups are dead simple!!

Frylight onions, chuck in mushrooms, skins, stalks and all & cover with stock from a veg oxo cube, simmer for 30 mins or so, then blitz.
Add a few herbs, spices, whatever you fancy.
Pretty much do the same with cauli, or broccoli or whatever

I normally make them completely neutral so I can use it whichever plan I'm on

Chilled brown rice mixed with baby leaf salad topped with chilled curried chicken (HEB chicken, 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste 1 syn, 1 tbsp mango chutney 2 syns, mixed with 200g fat free yoghurt and 2 chopped kiwi fruit)

Chip, potato & egg bake Syn free on EE & Green

Either Mexican homemade syn free burger using my HEB's for wholemeal roll and SW chips and my HEB for cheese topping with fried mushrooms and salad

Or

Chicken stuffed with mozarella and spinach roasted veggies and SW chips

Back