Whats for tea tonight?

I'm having Quorn in bbq sauce probably with savoury rice. I make the bbq sauce with one can of diet dandelion and burdock and one carton of passatta with a couple of splashes of worcestor sauce all in a pan on low simmer until it reduces and thickens......yummy :) xxx

Salmon. No idea what with. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wholewheat spaghetti with home made quorn bolognese sauce. After - meringue, fruit and ff yog

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

ooooooooooooh Im on a red day so I have made cauliflower/broccoli cheese (A) AND 2 crispy smoked bacon rashers (4 syns) because bacon without fat isn't bacon :p
nommmmmmmmm
Hubby is on EE and requested one of his faves... My easy, cheesy chorizo n vegetable pasta (1A+2.5)

hondapeeps said:
K you are a star!! :) You dont happen to have a recipe using a flan base and orange jelly do you? Mock Giant Jaffa cake?

I had burgers topped with primula, SW chips and broad beans :D

Made donner kebab meat for a taster session tomorrow

Hi Honda peeps

I tried the giant Jaffa cake by making the 1/2 SYN roulade and an orange jelly in a same size tin lined with baking paper- so you can tip it on top of the roulade.

The difficulty I had was the chocolate and synnage amount. Pouring any warm/hot chocolate on top also melts the jelly- so it would need to be cooled.

Any suggestions?

Kx

Green Day
Having fajitas today using weightwatcher tortillas, salsa, stir fried veg, quorn steak strips in fajita spice, shredded lettuce, HEA grated cheese & Greek Yog as a substitute sour cream yum!!

Just had a lush dinner n in stuffed!!!!

Bake salmon fillets seasoned and slices lemon wrapped in foil baked with boiled spinach and aunt besides swede and carrot mashes while cooking I added some quork n it was all creamy mmmmm

Think I ate too much as I'm gonna blow but what a nice red meal it was!! I thought the swede n carrot was free buy turns out it cost me around 2.5 syns (that's twice I've made a similar mistake today lol!! But not bad at all)

Kwise1 said:
Green Day
Having fajitas today using weightwatcher tortillas, salsa, stir fried veg, quorn steak strips in fajita spice, shredded lettuce, HEA grated cheese & Greek Yog as a substitute sour cream yum!!

This sounds amazing. :)

Kwise1 said:
Hi Honda peeps

I tried the giant Jaffa cake by making the 1/2 SYN roulade and an orange jelly in a same size tin lined with baking paper- so you can tip it on top of the roulade.

The difficulty I had was the chocolate and synnage amount. Pouring any warm/hot chocolate on top also melts the jelly- so it would need to be cooled.

Any suggestions?

Kx

Could you spread a thin layer or Nutella or other chocolate spread over the top with a palate knife?

Sw chicken curry with a heap of veg

Experimental actifried crisps with salmon and veg...

Will report back later

Hi Honda peeps

Any suggestions?

Kx

Oh that sounds good. I may have to go and make this now and see how it goes, not had dinner and after the horrible afternoon I've had :cry: a giant jaffa cake for tea sounds wonderful!
Did you make the jelly up to a pint or a little less?

Could you spread a thin layer or Nutella or other chocolate spread over the top with a palate knife?

Now I wish I had Nuttella in :rolleyes:

hondapeeps said:
Oh that sounds good. I may have to go and make this now and see how it goes, not had dinner and after the horrible afternoon I've had :cry: a giant jaffa cake for tea sounds wonderful!
Did you make the jelly up to a pint or a little less?

Now I wish I had Nuttella in :rolleyes:

Oh Hondapeeps - what happened are you ok??

I made it thicker by less water and some extra gelatine

Kx
You could try my chocolate sauce - but it's an icecream topping I make for the kids. I boil some golden syrup with a knob of butter and some drinking choc powder and a little milk. If you boil it loads it becomes choc toffee! To thin add more milk

Kx

lsf666 said:
Experimental actifried crisps with salmon and veg...

Will report back later

It was surprisingly nice!

Attachments

• image-338154615.jpg
    image-338154615.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 78
Oh Hondapeeps - what happened are you ok??

I made it thicker by less water and some extra gelatine

Kx
You could try my chocolate sauce - but it's an icecream topping I make for the kids. I boil some golden syrup with a knob of butter and some drinking choc powder and a little milk. If you boil it loads it becomes choc toffee! To thin add more milk

Kx

Aw K I went out on the bike to run the dog, I've got a sore foot so can't walk him well at the mo.....braked too hard, went over the bars, landed on the road, bashing my leg, hand and girlie bits :eek:
So covered in mud with aching bits I limped home covered head to toe in mud! :cry:

I have made the 'jaffa; roulade!!! I'll post some pics very soon. I just need to find out what 50g of dark chocolate counts as :confused: syn wise???

That sauce sounds superb though!

hondapeeps said:
Aw K I went out on the bike to run the dog, I've got a sore foot so can't walk him well at the mo.....braked too hard, went over the bars, landed on the road, bashing my leg, hand and girlie bits :eek:
So covered in mud with aching bits I limped home covered head to toe in mud! :cry:

I have made the 'jaffa; roulade!!! I'll post some pics very soon. I just need to find out what 50g of dark chocolate counts as :confused: syn wise???

That sauce sounds superb though!

Yes I def wanna see your photos . Use the 1 SYN = 20cals for the choc Hun

Sorry you had a terrible accident - hope the Jaffa mahoosive cake helps

Kx

Back