Whats for tea tonight?

Spag Bol with salad

im having salad , i know it sounds boring but i really need to have a good loss this week to give me a kickstart ,

Gurnard and goodness only knows what else. Never tried this fish before, but they had 2 reduced in Tesco last night so we bought them!

A new favourite. Grilled whole chicken with mashed new potatoes, garlic and cauliflower plus a savoy cabbage.

Syn value = 0 :D

Catty212 said:
I'm defrosting some tuna steaks but need some inspiration for something to go with it

Catty, marinate the tuna in teriyaki sauce (not the thick sauce) crushed garlic and chilli flakes......delicious!! It's also a really nice marinade for chicken and lamb etc!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm going to make sw quiche (ham, mushroom, tomatoes, peppers and onions as the filling- yum!)

with salad....maybe some cous cous :)

I'm having omelate and SW chips for tea.

*tip* for the SW chips, some peeps find they don't turn out right, I have a way of making nice wedges. Cook a Jacket Potato for 45mins, so that it is still quite firm inside and then take out of oven and cut up into chunky wedges, spray with frylight and put back in oven until crispy! They turn out fab!, lots of potato on them, rather than being stuck to the tray and a bit feeble!

Han Xxx

I've just been converted to Gammon after cooking it in diet coke, with roasties, cauliflower cheese(4 syns) and peas

I'm back after about a month off plan. Let me tell you, I feel SO ill eating the wrong foods :( Even without my obvious weight problems my body is begging to come back to SW eating to make myself feel better!

So my tea tonight will be a chicken breast with plenty of veg and a baked potato :) I can't wait to get back on plan, if not 100% at least better than i have been!

Just polished off a moosive chicken, veg and noodle stir fry and it was a-maz-ing!!! We have a chinese supermarket round the corner from work and I popped in for some soy sauce last week. Anyway, i've used it tonight, and its gorgeous - much much better than the blue dragon stuff you get in supermarkets, and so much cheaper as well. Its really thick, like a glaze and goes very far. If you have a chinese supermarket near you, pop in and have a browse, they quality is so much better x

Just hand home made burgers with lots of salad was so nice x

Hubby made his first mushy pea curry would stick it through the blender next time but it was very yummy. Hugs Crystal xx

I'm having an old favourite of mine from my pre-SW days but I just switched to lowfat ingredients. Its a casserole made with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, onions, leeks and broccoli all "fried off" first then bung into a dish with a can of condensed mushroom (or chicken) soup and about 2/3 can of water and bake for 30-45 mins on medium heat. I used lowfat mushroom soup which is 7 syns for the whole can and I get 3 large portions so less than 2.5 syns each. Serving it with new potatoes, green beans, cauliflower and swede. Its in the oven now and it smells delicious and I'm starving!!! lol

I'm having omelate and SW chips for tea.

*tip* for the SW chips, some peeps find they don't turn out right, I have a way of making nice wedges. Cook a Jacket Potato for 45mins, so that it is still quite firm inside and then take out of oven and cut up into chunky wedges, spray with frylight and put back in oven until crispy! They turn out fab!, lots of potato on them, rather than being stuck to the tray and a bit feeble!

Han Xxx

Han - I got sick of food sticking to baking trays and don't have the money to invest in expensive good ones so I bought some of those washable liners from the poundshop. Don't know how I ever managed without them.

Back