Whats for tea tonight?

Just had ....... garlic pepper roast potatoes & salmon & salad.
Par boil potatoes and sprinkle with garlic pepper and dry roast......absolutely scrummy.... :)

I made smash pizza for the first time for
Me and the other half. With mushrooms, ham and cheese on top! Was yummy but VERY filling

Attachments

• image-4199278824.jpg
    image-4199278824.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 166
  • image-1242592757.jpg
    image-1242592757.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 68
I'm having an old favourite of mine from my pre-SW days but I just switched to lowfat ingredients. Its a casserole made with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, onions, leeks and broccoli all "fried off" first then bung into a dish with a can of condensed mushroom (or chicken) soup and about 2/3 can of water and bake for 30-45 mins on medium heat. I used lowfat mushroom soup which is 7 syns for the whole can and I get 3 large portions so less than 2.5 syns each. Serving it with new potatoes, green beans, cauliflower and swede. Its in the oven now and it smells delicious and I'm starving!!! lol

Can I ask what brand of soup you use, i'm sure I have something like 1/2 fat campbell's condenced mushroom soup or something in my cupboard.

BeckyBunny said:
I made smash pizza for the first time for
Me and the other half. With mushrooms, ham and cheese on top! Was yummy but VERY filling

Wow looks amazing! How did u make it?

Gettingthinnerbytheday said:
Can I ask what brand of soup you use, i'm sure I have something like 1/2 fat campbell's condenced mushroom soup or something in my cupboard.

This sounds dilish!!! I'm looking for things to cook in my slow cooker too, this would probably work well. Thanks X

Emmajoyce said:
Wow looks amazing! How did u make it?

If you go to the recipe section of this site and search for smash pizza it's in there. It's basically a bag if smash made up with a tiny amount of water so it goes like dough, pressed into a thin pizza shape and cooked. Then once it's crispy on both sides you add the toppings. Was pretty easy to do and really filling. X

BeckyBunny said:
If you go to the recipe section of this site and search for smash pizza it's in there. It's basically a bag if smash made up with a tiny amount of water so it goes like dough, pressed into a thin pizza shape and cooked. Then once it's crispy on both sides you add the toppings. Was pretty easy to do and really filling. X

I just can't get the hang of that lol! How many mins did u bake smash for? X

Mmmm the BEST mushroom risotto EVER!!! Divine, even OH said it was the best thing he had ever tasted!

Ainsley Harriots creamy vegetable spelt, with added veg and butternut squash wedges

late in from work and too tired and hungry to cook properly

This sounds dilish!!! I'm looking for things to cook in my slow cooker too, this would probably work well. Thanks X

It was Batchelors low fat that I used. Just looked on SW website for syns for Campbells but its not on so you'd have to enter the nutritional info to find out.

I've done it in a slow cooker and it works well.

Update on today's meal - I forgot to season it!!!!! No idea why :confused: cos I usually add salt & pepper, garlic granules and a bit of tarragon. And I'd use less water next time - no more than about half a can. I used frozen leeks and broccoli so maybe they watered it down too much.

Been thinking about the condensed soups and I reckon one of the tomato based ones would work well with chicken and mediterranean veg, basil & orregano as a casserole. Syn values do vary between 7 and 13.5 for a small can so do check before you use them.

Last edited:
me 2 late home and tired! Will have a ww chicken & lemon risotto yum! :D

Hi, been off plan for a couple of wks, holiday and birthdays! Back on track this wk

Mon cheese n onion omlette n sw chips
Tues big jacket spud with cheese beans onion and mushroom
Wed bolognaise bake

Kieragh1515 said:
I just can't get the hang of that lol! How many mins did u bake smash for? X

Mmm well the recipe said something like 7-10 mins each side. But having read the entire recipe thread lots of people had suggested u really need to make sure the base is crispy or it falls apart. So I think
I ended up cooking the base for about 15 mins on each side before i put the toppings on. X

Tonight will be chilli and rice with a side salad (really craving salad!) and a little bit of OH's garlic bread :D

Back