Whats for tea tonight?

I've organised a night out to Wetherspoons tonight with some of the guys & girls at work.... Also a few that have retired over the last couple of years.... I chose tonight a it's steak night, so, steak, jacket & naked salad.... I've got a little tub in the fridge with 4tbs ltl mayo (2 syns) which I'll take, and I made sure I drove to the railway station this morning so I'll only drink diet coke (pre SW I'd walk 25mins each way and drink half a dozen pints of beer!!)

I don't mean to be a killjoy but have you checked the syn values for your meal? The SW food directory has it at between 24 syns and 45 syns depending on the steak that you choose :eek:

chocoholiccat said:
I don't mean to be a killjoy but have you checked the syn values for your meal? The SW food directory has it at between 24 syns and 45 syns depending on the steak that you choose :eek:

I suspect that's only if you eat the fat, which would just be soooo wrong anyway. I'd just check with them how it was cooked, and add a couple for any oil used, but otherwise, it's surely all free.

Chilli non Carne and rice - 0 syns!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Madmavey said:
Sounds lovely, how's your week going so far?

So far so good hun - although just had a couple of sneaky tsp of Nutella and peanut butter - tut tut.....and you?

Kx

Kwise1 said:
So far so good hun - although just had a couple of sneaky tsp of Nutella and peanut butter - tut tut.....and you?

Kx

Was doing great until had a piece of my nephews caterpillar birthday cake just now. Whoops, oh well there is always tomorrow lol

Mavey x

I suspect that's only if you eat the fat, which would just be soooo wrong anyway. I'd just check with them how it was cooked, and add a couple for any oil used, but otherwise, it's surely all free.

Fair enough, I just find it easier to go by the SW directory guide for syns. I think I heard someone mention before that it's the way they cook the steak and baked potato that make it so synful.......

bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomato, evoo (HXb), and an orange

I'm having chicken stir fry with egg noodles tonight...yum yum!

I added a big bowl of blackcurrants, blueberries, strawberries & low fat yogurt for dessert...Double yum yum!

Green day today so just had a jacket potato with a Heinz Mini Meals Tomato & Veggie Pasta and three grated Mini Babybel Lights (HEx A) on top. Yummy and all free :D

I am gonna try the SW spagetti bolognese recipe tonight for me & my other half :)

Roast new potatoes, baked beans, quorn sausages and cabbage & carrot slaw from magazine

Very well organised and planned out...I am impressed :) x

Almost Laura..... left the mayo in the fridge at work lol, but I did use 0.5 syn on some mustard instead

Fair enough, I just find it easier to go by the SW directory guide for syns. I think I heard someone mention before that it's the way they cook the steak and baked potato that make it so synful.......

Thanks girls for your concern, actually, there's been a bit of a myth about this for quite some time I understand....

Well, the SW book shows loads of syns as chocoholiccat has kindly pointed out :eek: - don't want to use 3 days of syns for a poxy steak lol
But, like Charmel, I take to be free unless I use butter, salad dressing, etc and that the syns quoted were on the basis that you used the them as are served as the portion - of course, this could be wrong, although not sure how :confused:

So, decided to take a look online this morning
8oz Rump Steak, all visible fat removed, per serving free / free / 14.5
Jacket Potato, no butter or salad cream, per serving free / 15 / free
Side Salad without Creamy Dressing, per serving free / free / free

:bliss:Of course I took an EE Day, so I can happily :eat: in the knowledge that as long as I plan, I'm OK :D

If you haven't tried it yet....I didn't want to buy a multipak in case I didn't like it..... but the becks blue alcohol free is 3 syns per bottle, and pretty good

so, dinner as planned, no mayo, 1tsp mustard and becks blue... 3.5syns for the night, well happy ..... and thanks again for your concerns

Back