Whats for tea tonight?

We are having new potatoes and mashed potato with Laughing cow lights mashed in and quorn sausages onions mushrooms gravy and mixed veg yum yum

xxx

Steak, actifry herb diced potatoes, fresh veg & homemade garlic & peppercorn sauce mmmmm

how do you make the peppercorn and garlic sauce and is it syn free/ low syns. I love my sauces:p

EE day - roasted gammon with mash, ss veg and parsley sauce (3 syns).

Might make the cherry jelly thing from this month's mag but with fresh cherries, couldn't find tinned ones in juice anywhere!

skinnyminx said:
how do you make the peppercorn and garlic sauce and is it syn free/ low syns. I love my sauces:p

Hi yep synfree, here is recipe but I used much less qtys as only making for myself (hubby uses packet sauce for him), u can also use quark instead of ff but I prefer the ff:

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
312ml/11fl oz chicken stock
1 tbs crushed peppercorns
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
198g/7oz very low fat natural fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Place onion, garlic and stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the peppercorns and worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.

2. Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and season with salt and pepper.

3. Keep the sauce warm until ready to use, but do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.

Roast chicken pieces with roasted veg (some to be saved and added to cous cous for tomorrow's lunch) and actifried bns & sweet potatoes. Plus some greens (not sure but possibly savoy cabbage)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SW quiche with salad, followed by home made coffee/yogurt 'ice cream' and cantaloupe melon. Have yet to make the quiche and ice cream, using two new toys just bought - a really small (3.5L) halogen oven, and a little Kenwood ice cream maker. I suppose I ought to be sunbathing, really. Sigh. :)

SW quiche with salad, followed by home made coffee/yogurt 'ice cream' and cantaloupe melon. Have yet to make the quiche and ice cream, using two new toys just bought - a really small (3.5L) halogen oven, and a little Kenwood ice cream maker. I suppose I ought to be sunbathing, really. Sigh. :)

coffee yogurt ice cream sound lovely - would be interested to know how it turns out and the recipe....

Hi yep synfree, here is recipe but I used much less qtys as only making for myself (hubby uses packet sauce for him), u can also use quark instead of ff but I prefer the ff:

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
312ml/11fl oz chicken stock
1 tbs crushed peppercorns
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
198g/7oz very low fat natural fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Place onion, garlic and stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the peppercorns and worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.

2. Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and season with salt and pepper.

3. Keep the sauce warm until ready to use, but do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.

sounds great i see a steak coming on for wednesday night...

2 Chilli & garlic Joes burgers, SW coleslaw,salad

Lovely for a hot day!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Surf and turf- steak and grilled king prawns with whisky and mushroom sauce (3 syns), crushed new poatotoes, sugarsnap peas and salad. Yum!

possibly.... 2 chicken burgers (iceland- 1/2syn each) with baked sweet potato and salad- with a teaspoon of lighter than light mayo (less than 1/2 syn)

ive just had superspeed soup and 2 ryvita, so i be full lol

Paprika chicken and either rice or salad

Chinese take away...should be interesting!

Back