Whats for tea tonight?

Oh my days my bean veg chilli with SW chips hexa cheese was delicious , I can't believe how wonderful it was x

Attachments

• image-210020758.jpg
    image-210020758.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 68
Debridger said:
I love risotto, although I haven't done one with BNS yet - courgette or king prawn are my faves, closely followed by pea & broadbean or asparagus

I'm hoping to try and make one in my new crockpot, I've never tried before x

SW friendly chippy-style tea for us tonight, going to do SW chips for the first time, some quorn sausages, make some curry style sauce (low syn) and have some veggies too. How I'll wait til tonight for it I don't know!

ThatBubbs said:
SW friendly chippy-style tea for us tonight, going to do SW chips for the first time, some quorn sausages, make some curry style sauce (low syn) and have some veggies too. How I'll wait til tonight for it I don't know!

Sounds yummy - what curry sauce do you use, or do you make your own?
The mayflower sauce from farmfoods is lovely 4syns per 100ml, but so worth it....having said that, I've not tried any other makes

Sounds yummy - what curry sauce do you use, or do you make your own?
The mayflower sauce from farmfoods is lovely 4syns per 100ml, but so worth it....having said that, I've not tried any other makes

We've not had it before, the Mr is on SW also and is in charge of cooking / hunter gathering for sauce tonight - he thought he'd make it hinmself, but I'm not sure he'll get around to it after a day off! I'll pass on the recommendation of that sauce though - what a way to spend some syns :)

ThatBubbs said:
We've not had it before, the Mr is on SW also and is in charge of cooking / hunter gathering for sauce tonight - he thought he'd make it hinmself, but I'm not sure he'll get around to it after a day off! I'll pass on the recommendation of that sauce though - what a way to spend some syns :)

Well, you could probably adapt the mushy pea curry recipe, and use Chinese spices instead of Indian ;
Mushy peas, baked beans, tinned toms (I use a tin of each) an onion, then however much curry powder/chilli - bubble away until it goes thick, I always blend mine to use a a sauce base or just pour on top....I promise, you wouldn't know it was peas!!!

My lovely colleague, who is also on SW made a big batch of SW Quorn Cottage pie and brought some in for me. So, that will be my dinner for tonight. Yum. Can't wait. :)

Well, you could probably adapt the mushy pea curry recipe, and use Chinese spices instead of Indian ;
Mushy peas, baked beans, tinned toms (I use a tin of each) an onion, then however much curry powder/chilli - bubble away until it goes thick, I always blend mine to use a a sauce base or just pour on top....I promise, you wouldn't know it was peas!!!

Wow, that sounds quite cool, thanks! The Mr. loves mushy peas and was planning on chowing down on them anyway, but this might sway me :)

Family favourite tonight, chicken with garlic & herb l/f cheese, wrapped in bacon, with S/W chips & veg.......scrummy yummy :)

Extra lean minced beef hotpot with cauliflower and swede :)

xxx

Good old eggs, chips & beans for me... this ain't a diet! lol x

Last nights left over chilli veg beans ,in two Co op pitta,with HEXa cathedral light 42g and sw chips green day. I can't wait I'm hungry x

Back