Whats for tea tonight?

Homemade burgers, roast pots, brocolli and roasted carrots & parsnips yum yum also just making up a batch of
Cheese scones for my freezer :)

Didn't know you freeze these.

Home made meatballs, smash, carrots, broccoli, cauli, sprouts, peas,
SF Jelly and grapes for pud later!

Indian Prawn Curry & rice

Mmmmmmm - and I think it's free plus HEXB prawns!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had omelette, chips and beans :)

Red day! Roast chicken with roast veggies and a few potatoes (3 syns). In the oven right now and I can't wait!

I also have JELLY in the fridge, I am so excited, I hope it sets by the time I want to eat it, lol.

Sweet and sour chicken and rice mmmmm only 6 syns for the sauce x

I had chicken tikka masala sw recipe but added in lentils and chickpeas and served with rice. :)

Thursday night is Ainsley Dahl night. This weeks additions being spinach, cauliflower, quorn pieces, chicken oxo cube, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. (Served over brown rice and a quartered hard-boiled egg).

I always look forward to this meal SO much, and it's always even more delicious than I thought it would be.

Spicy sweet potato wedges with long sweet red peppers stuffed with onions, mushrooms, garlic, pepper and chorizo. Blue cheese and feta melted on top. Fresh pineapple to follow.

Moonwatcher, that sounds really yummy :) Do you have a recipe for the stuffed peppers you could share?

Moonwatcher, that sounds really yummy :) Do you have a recipe for the stuffed peppers you could share?

Well I just made it up as I went along, which I often do, but I'll try and give you the basics as close as I can remember!

Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 long red peppers (you could use the more common bell peppers, but I really love the flavour of the longer ones)
One medium onion, chopped
One clove garlic, crushed
Two or three medium mushrooms
56g Chorizo (5 syns total - 2.5 syns per person
56g Danish Blue Cheese, chopped into small pieces (HEB)
84g Feta, chopped into small pieces (HEB)

Cut the ends of the peppers (retain to use in the filling). Slit down one side and remove the membrane and seeds. Open them out and put on a fry-lighted tray. Spray them with frylight and bake in the oven until softened. Meanwhile, fry the onion and garlic in frylight until softened and the onion is beginning to turn light brown(I usually add some salt as well as it helps the onion to release its juices and stops it sticking). Chop the mushrooms and the ends of the peppers and add to the onion/garlic mix. Fry gently until they begin to soften too.

In a separate pan, fry the chorizo until cooked. Drain it off, chop into smaller pieces and add to the veg mix.

By now my peppers were soft enough for me, so I heaped the cooked veg mix on top of them, and added the cheeses on top. Bung back in the oven until the cheese is as melted as you like it.

I used both my HEB on a green day for the cheeses, or I think you could use the Blue cheese as a HEB and the Feta as HEA. I haven't checked the cheeses on a red day, but I think the Feta is a HEA, but technically not the Blue cheese. There is a lot of flavour from the chorizo though, so you could swap the Blue cheese for more Feta, or another legal HEA on red. On EE you could have the Feta as your HEA, and syn the other cheese, or cut down on the cheese. Hope that makes sense - my head is spinning like a whole cheese now! :)

Back