Whats for tea tonight?

Roast chicken with syn free gravy, carrots, broccolli, asparagus, roast potatoes and toffee mullerlite for dessert :D yum!

were having sunshine soup. (sweetcorn and yellow pepper) yummy x

This sounds yum! What's the recipe? Xx

1litre of chicken stock.
1 yellow and 1 orange pepper
500g frozen sweetcorn
salt and pepper to taste
2tbsp garlic oil.

pre-heat oven to 230'c, wrap a small roasting tin in tin foil. cut the peppers into slices and pour over the garlic oil. swish about to completely cover and then face the peppers shiny side up. put in the oven to cook for 25mins.

meanwhile put the chicken stock into a pan and add the sweetcorn, bring to boil and then simmer for 25 mins.

once both are ready with a slotted spoon take a small breakfast bowl worth of sweetcorn out and set to one side. Blitz the peppers and sweetcorn soup until 'rustic' looking and add the bowl of sweetcorn back in.

season to taste. Makes loads. I add a syn for the oil but tbh you dont really get enough into the soup to syn.

enjoy xx

Just done a stir fry, to be fair I'm not much of a cook but i've had a go at throwing something together. Not much can go wrong with a stir-fry.

I coated chicken strips in Chinese Five Spice before frying it in fry light, added the mixed veg before throwing in a couple of shakes of soy sauce.

I used the Amoy straight to wok noodles (1 syn per bag?) before frying in an egg to finish.

Quite impressed with myself, think it would have been nice with a bit more kick and a touch of garlic next time though.

nodge said:
Just done a stir fry, to be fair I'm not much of a cook but i've had a go at throwing something together. Not much can go wrong with a stir-fry.

I coated chicken strips in Chinese Five Spice before frying it in fry light, added the mixed veg before throwing in a couple of shakes of soy sauce.

I used the Amoy straight to wok noodles (1 syn per bag?) before frying in an egg to finish.

Quite impressed with myself, think it would have been nice with a bit more kick and a touch of garlic next time though.

If you want more of a kick then try hot cajun seasoning. I put that in my stirfry every time and it's gorgeous! Xx

mrsjoyt said:
1litre of chicken stock.
1 yellow and 1 orange pepper
500g frozen sweetcorn
salt and pepper to taste
2tbsp garlic oil.

pre-heat oven to 230'c, wrap a small roasting tin in tin foil. cut the peppers into slices and pour over the garlic oil. swish about to completely cover and then face the peppers shiny side up. put in the oven to cook for 25mins.

meanwhile put the chicken stock into a pan and add the sweetcorn, bring to boil and then simmer for 25 mins.

once both are ready with a slotted spoon take a small breakfast bowl worth of sweetcorn out and set to one side. Blitz the peppers and sweetcorn soup until 'rustic' looking and add the bowl of sweetcorn back in.

season to taste. Makes loads. I add a syn for the oil but tbh you dont really get enough into the soup to syn.

enjoy xx

Ta very much! Tomorrow I will be off to get the ingredients and make. Do enjoy a soup but tend to stick with spicy carrot. This sounds so easy and scrummy! Xx

We've got the mushy pea curry - with loads of added veg, potatoes and some beef. Made yesterday with freshly ground spices and left to mature until today. Curry is soooooo much nicer the next day!!!

Indian Prawn Curry & rice with natural yog (fat free) on the side

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Red onion and mushroom omelette with HEA of cheese, served with baked beans - one of my favourite quick dinners :)
xx

My tea was amazing ,taken from Hugh's veg every day book and tweaked. His stuffed chilli's. But I had two yellow peppers to stuff, with fried onion celery garlic tomatoes cannelloni beans, butter beans. Simmered to stodge. Skin grilled peppers, plonked mix onto flat peppers ( no stuffing here then ) put HEXB EVO on top. In oven 30 mins, boiled bachelors rice, plonked peppers on top and ate! I've saved half the bean mix for tomorrow.

Mine

And Hugh's pic lol look nothing alike!

Attachments

• image-3152381341.jpg
    image-3152381341.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3305895758.jpg
    image-3305895758.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 74
Lentil, spinach and butternut dhal and boiled brown rice

Back