Whats for tea tonight?

Had a lot going on the last couple of days, so scheduled a green day for today and had cheesy chips with chives and lots of salad....really hit the spot too! :D

Turkey meatballs in a tomato sauce, tagliatelle and sugar snap peas :) from the EE cookbook

sausage scrambled egg and beans - my favourite !

I bought some Nando's peri-peri BBQ spice rub so we will be having that on chicken breasts with sweet potato Chips and a big fat salad :) yum yum!

I really want a bit of cod tonight but I usually just buy the fresh stuff from morrisons and ask them to bread it. What fish does everyone else eat? it must have batter/breadcrumbs on!
Sxx

shezam said:
I really want a bit of cod tonight but I usually just buy the fresh stuff from morrisons and ask them to bread it. What fish does everyone else eat? it must have batter/breadcrumbs on!
Sxx

Can't you do your own with bread from your HEB? I eat a lot of fish so usually buy it in the bags at aldi frozen it's reallygood. Not much for the salmon but the basa, sea bass, cod, and tuna is great. I only usually buy it fresh if I'm making sushi :)

Can't you do your own with bread from your HEB? I eat a lot of fish so usually buy it in the bags at aldi frozen it's reallygood. Not much for the salmon but the basa, sea bass, cod, and tuna is great. I only usually buy it fresh if I'm making sushi :)

I've used my Heb for today already :( But I never thought about buying frozen! Will have a look in Morrisons tonight, so glad i have the synsapp :D

Thanks
Sx

shezam said:
I've used my Heb for today already :( But I never thought about buying frozen! Will have a look in Morrisons tonight, so glad i have the synsapp :D

Thanks
Sx

Why not make up some Couscous with herbs and black pepper and top your fish with it! Roasted in the oven it'll be crunchy, Serve with chips and roasted peppers and onions.
BTW Cod is becoming low on stocks because of over fishing, Coley and Pollack taste the same and are cheaper and more sustainable xx

SW KFC Chicken thighs with salad.

Why not make up some Couscous with herbs and black pepper and top your fish with it! Roasted in the oven it'll be crunchy, Serve with chips and roasted peppers and onions.
BTW Cod is becoming low on stocks because of over fishing, Coley and Pollack taste the same and are cheaper and more sustainable xx

Thats a great idea! never thought about cous cous, never made it before swo will have to find out which ones are free.

You're right about the cod, my partner & his daughter get haddock but i prefer it a bit more chunky. Always see pollock so defo gonna get that tonight! Might check out frozen stuff too. :)

Thanks x

Shirleen said:

Good idea re cous cous I'll try that. I do that for roast potatoes and they come out crunchy. Basa nice as well as cod alternative :)

Last night's dinner was a bit of a 'throw a pile of stuff together' attempt as I was late home from work and then ended up having to deal with some carnage at home. Had taken chicken fillets out before leaving for work yesterday so wrapped those in foil with 2 x HEXa's of feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, mangetout and roasted red peppers, and just roasted until cooked! Served with rice and extra veg. Plenty left to have cold for lunch today as well :)

Dinner tonight is a salmon fillet, wrapped in foil with ginger and soy sauce, served on a bed of stir fry veggies (including lemongrass) and noodles.

Then tomorrow it will probably be haddock, topped with cous cous (great minds think alike Shirleen as this is what I tend to do with the likes of haddock, cod, etc), mushy peas and SW chips - with a starter of fruit for my 1/3 superfree!

Egg fried Chicken savoury rice with courgette, broccoli, onion, mushrooms & Linda mccartney sausages chopped in (2) splash soy sauce to finish! :)

sw burgers!!

Lolacola83 said:
I'm going to have some sushi for dinner tonight :)

Ahhh my favourite :)

Back