Whats for tea tonight?

Spicy mince stuffed large mushrooms on a bed of spinach and rocket.

image-1854402508.jpg

Spread the kale on a baking tray (cut variety in a bag) I got a bag from lidl for 79p. Spray fry light and seasoning I used salt and paprika and bake til crispy about 10 mins. Careful not to burn them. Crispy taste just like the Chinese crispy seaweed :)

Keldelacoe said:
Spread the kale on a baking tray (cut variety in a bag) I got a bag from lidl for 79p. Spray fry light and seasoning I used salt and paprika and bake til crispy about 10 mins. Careful not to burn them. Crispy taste just like the Chinese crispy seaweed :)

Ta very much :)

i had 3 quorn sausages grilled, some plain smash and a pile of beans for my dinner. syn free but did end up lacking on the superfree side of things but was something my hubby would eat and i wans't up for proper cooking tonight

Tonight's Supper will this..................

Pete’s Teriyaki sauce, Mushrooms & Salmon

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5syn/2=2.25syn)
1 lemon juice (ss) (sff)
2 Salmon fillets (ff)
100g Couscous (ff)
150g mushrooms, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
200mL “Herb” stock (Knorr herb stockpot)
300mL skimmed milk, part of the daily allowance (1 Hea)
1tbsp dill

Teriyaki sauce

1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp white wine vinegar
2tbsp water
2tbsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
Salt & Pepper
Make up the hot stock, bring to a boil, thicken & set aside.

Method

Measure the couscous and place in a bowl, add the stock, stir with a fork and cover with Clingfilm. Set aside.
Place the sliced mushrooms in a saucepan sprayed with fry light and cook until soft.
In an ovenproof dish lined with tinfoil, place the salmon in and marinade with the dill and juice of the lemon, cut slices from the lemon for later.
Preheat the oven to 180c, add the lemon slices on the salmon, cover & place the salmon in the middle shelf after marinating for at least 10 mins, cook covered for the first 15 mins then open to finish cooking.
Mix the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small pan and heat, stirring until it thickens, remove and add to the mushrooms, stir and increase the heat, cook until the sauce has been absorbed into the mushrooms.
Make up the mushroom sauce by tipping the powder into a small saucepan, mix milk until smooth, slowly add the remaining milk while stirring until it thickens, add to the mushrooms, bring to the boil then reduce, allow it to thicken.
Remove the Clingfilm from the couscous, fluff up with a fork and plate up.
Place the salmon on top of the couscous, the mushrooms to one side.
TariyakisauceMushroomsSalmonSmall.jpg

Slow cooker dinner for after weigh in tonight.

Beef strips on a bed of root vegetables, covered in a homemade (and homegrown) horseradish stock. Will serve with some crunchy roast potatoes later.

Oh it's such a long time till dinner on Mondays :(

Turkey Burgers, SW Chips, Salad and Home Made Relish :)

Think i'm gonna have Fajita's tonight, had the kit in the house for a while now! Its a discover foods one, the spice mix is 3.5syns so it will be between 2 & i'll use large lettuce leaves instead of the wraps. Quite excited!

Think i'm gonna have Fajita's tonight, had the kit in the house for a while now! Its a discover foods one, the spice mix is 3.5syns so it will be between 2 & i'll use large lettuce leaves instead of the wraps. Quite excited!

Thats a good idea having it in lettuce, some of the wraps are high in syns arent they, i fancied fajitas last week and had a HEB left so i used a wholemeal pitta bread from asda and we had that stuffed with the mix it tasted really good even bf said he liked in the pitta :D

Think im having tandoori marinated veg /quorn pieces and basmati rice for my tea tonight :) with a huge dollop of ff yogurt as its quite spicy lol

Purplebint said:
Baked Kale Chips › shutterbean

I sprinkle splenda on mine when they're done, I might try and source some of the powder that they use in chinese takeaways to make a bit more authentic too.

The dried fish? I'd say that would be quite high on syns ??? Not sure though

Thats a good idea having it in lettuce, some of the wraps are high in syns arent they, i fancied fajitas last week and had a HEB left so i used a wholemeal pitta bread from asda and we had that stuffed with the mix it tasted really good even bf said he liked in the pitta :D

Think im having tandoori marinated veg /quorn pieces and basmati rice for my tea tonight :) with a huge dollop of ff yogurt as its quite spicy lol

I tend to make up the fajita mix in the pan and serve it with rice, low fat greek yoghurt and my HeA Cheese. Never even miss the wrap this way x

Dinner tonight will either be the Chicken Biryani from the recipe pages or the Diet Coke Chicken, served with rice and some fresh veggies. I am quite looking forward to it now x

Back