Whats for tea tonight?

Purplebint said:
Cheesy garlic chicken kievs with a crispy couscous coating, lots of SW crinkle cut chips and a giant pile of salad.

When using cous cous as coating do u have 2 count it as a syn rather than being free? Read things bout things having 2b syned if used 4 something other than its purpose! Chicken sounds lovely :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

I don't syn it as I don't grind it down in any way, so it's the same quantity and consistency as if I'd had couscous on the plate next to the chicken. If I'd have ground it down into a flour, then used that to coat the chicken then I'd syn it.

The syns online checker gives me the syn value as ground/used as flour of 4.5 syns per 25g. Technically, I'm replacing bread crumbs not flour so I'll stick with not synning them ;)

Food abuse can be a bit of a hot topic, but as I'm gluten intolerant I have to use something other than bread crumbs anyway. The 100g of couscous I use, covers up to 12 pieces of chicken. So less than 10g of couscous per chicken piece, syn value of around 2syns if you wanted to syn them.

Purplebint, this looks incredible. Can you share the recipe?

Chickpea curry - 1 onion chopped, frylighted over medium heat till softened, add 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp powdered ginger, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chilli flakes (or whatever spices you prefer, I change what I chuck in from meal to meal) and cook gently for 2 mins whilst stirring the spices and onions. Then chuck in 2 chopped peppers, a tin of tomatoes, half a tin's worth of water and a tin of drained chickpeas. Stir well to mix and simmer on medium for about an hour until the sauce is reduced to however thick you like it. Chuck some fresh coriander on top to serve.

Saag Aloo - Tried and tested « Quick Indian Cooking I use frylight instead of oil, halve the amount of potatoes and use frozen or fresh spinach instead of the puree.

Lime Pickle - Life of Bint: Easy Lime Pickle I've made this years without the oil though, so syn free.

Grizzly_man said:
Just tried the crispy kale topped with salt and granulated sweetener, wow is all I can say!

I know it's so good! :)

It's weigh in night for me so chucking something in the slow cooker for later. Doing my normal bolognaise and adding some slow roasted squash in to the sauce to up the superfree and give it a different depth. Will serve with spaghetti and a hexa of cheese this evening :)

Some super speed soup, goin 2 mix in a little pasta & some cooked meat. Jst made 4 1st time last nite, hope it is nice :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Home made burger, SW chips and salad nom nom

I don't no!!! I dnt no to have pork chop with cabbage carrot and swede mash n broccoli orrrrrrrrrr some salad and pork chop?? Might go for veggies lol!!

Nothing! Been out for a birthday lunch plus cake. My syn count is astronomical for past 3 days! On the wagon from now-5 syns max from now til next Monday :(

Back