Whats for tea tonight?

Low fat sausage casserole with baked beans tomatoes onions spring onions red peppers and peas, with a side salad and small amount of rice.... Yummy!

turkey tagine (with olives and apricots)with minty couscous :)

lora_ravie said:
im making the syn free KFC with SW chips. first attempt so wish me luck!!!

:)

Please don't follow the YouTube berk and I wouldn't pre boil it either :)

lora_ravie said:
i got the recipe from this forum it does tell me to pre boil it.

do you have a recipe?

thanks

Yes the thread has a few different ways, the recipe on here is the best if you follow the thread through a lot of people said there is no need to pre boil, it tried both - first with drum sticks boiled - yuk tasted well boiled!!!!! Second I tried with with chicken breast as suggested and didn't cook and they were lovely :) each to their own though :) I know a few ppl followed the bloke who does the video on you tube and it's turns out not great (just a different method)

It's really nice, my husband loves it! Let us know how you get on! :)

Roast chicken with all the trimmings.....well, spuds and veg!

the recipe i have does say to boil it but ill try it without.

i wouldnt see why you would need to if its going in the oven anyway!!

thanks for the tip!!

im just new

I do boil mine, but that's because it makes a good pint or so of really nice chicken stock. Waste not, want not :)

I've never had any complaints, I do mine with couscous coating instead of breadcrumbs though as I'm gluten intolerant. I think the thicker coating helps retain the moisture a bit.

If I was doing the 'cover stuff with stock gloop' method I wouldn't pre-boil them.

Burgers! Nom nom nom. Made with smoked paprika, garlic olive oil and other various nice herbs and spices, so they will be spicy BBQ burgers. I'm having mine with potato wedges and salad. Cannot. Wait. *gnaws off own arm*

Had two HeBs to use up as Im on a green day. So I had h/m tomato basil & chilli soup with my version of brushcetta - 2 slices of nimble toasted, rubbed with garlic, then lots of tomato, red onion, basil leaves and Olive oil. It was devine

Steak and spicy wedges, can't wait, just wish OH would hurry home from work

sweet*treacle said:
Steak and spicy wedges, can't wait, just wish OH would hurry home from work

I know it's my hubby's weigh in tonight so I have to wait til at least 8! I'm starving!!!!!

Back