Whats for tea tonight?

image-1948048251.jpg

Veggie burger and chips from the Sw mag. Nice but definitely prepare them the night before cooking to give it chance to set and maybe an extra egg.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mushroom Tagliatelle (but using a different long pasta)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have no idea what to make for tea tonight. I've just come in from an hour at the gym n then I'll be jumping in the bath n grabbing something.

My husband says he's having a curry tonight n I'm determined that I am not going to but salad isn't quite appealing to my taste buds.......dilemma n half!!!!

I will be strong n let him eat his take away.....of it kills me I will be slim for the pool this year

hollys nan said:
Chicken,syn free chips,mushrooms, s w bbq sauce. Just a note about this sauce, my consultant told us in group today that balsamic vinegar is no longer free! So this s w bbq sauce is now 2 syns as the balsamic vinegar is 0.5 syns per tablespoon.!:eek::eek:

I thought it was only balsamic glaze that was synned, I'm gutted if it's the vinegar as well x

Sorry but this is what she said, its not just the dressing. I put in the details of mine into the syns calculator and it came up as half a syn per tablespoon, which isnt much really in say the bbq sauce. 2 syns for all that sauce, and between two is still worth it. Perhaps others could ask their consultants what they understand it to be?:)

I'm meeting a friend at Harvester tonight! Have already decided what I'm having - flame grilled chicken breast, harvester bbq dip (2.5syns), jacket potato (no butter), and lots of healthy salad!!...all for 2.5syns!! looking forward to it!!

Weigh In tonight for me, and after that it's homemade extra lean mince and red onion burgers, stuffed with Laughing Cow Light cheese triangles and topped with spicy homemade salsa :drool: Can't wait!!

Last edited:
Gammon and pineapple with new potatoes and salad here, weigh in tomorrow ........fingers crossedx

hollys nan said:
Sorry but this is what she said, its not just the dressing. I put in the details of mine into the syns calculator and it came up as half a syn per tablespoon, which isnt much really in say the bbq sauce. 2 syns for all that sauce, and between two is still worth it. Perhaps others could ask their consultants what they understand it to be?:)

spoke to my c last night she hasn't heard owt about this

Slow cooked roast pepper bolognaise, with some spaghetti, a huge pile of cheese and a handful of fresh basil. I might do a little salad to go with it as my homegrown leaves look ready to cut.

wpid-IMAG1949-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Weigh In tonight for me, and after that it's homemade extra lean mince and red onion burgers, stuffed with Laughing Cow Light cheese triangles and topped with spicy homemade salsa :drool: Can't wait!!

These sound lovely, think I will need to be trying me some of those.

My WI tonight so treat night of Enchilada's (all still within my weeks syns tho)

Having bolognaise with extra lean mince, lots of vegies through it and pasta and a spinach salad, followed by a fruit salad x

Pork marinaded in sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns), coriander, cumin, lime juice, crushed garlic and chilli, with mixed peppers and mushrooms, with carrot (instead of potato) chips. Dessert will be SW chocolate brownies, with strawberry topping (7 syns per topped slice) :D
Brownies smell awesome wafting out of the oven :D x

Pan fried salmon with noodles, mange tout and french beans.

Purplebint said:
Chickpea curry - 1 onion chopped, frylighted over medium heat till softened, add 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp powdered ginger, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chilli flakes (or whatever spices you prefer, I change what I chuck in from meal to meal) and cook gently for 2 mins whilst stirring the spices and onions. Then chuck in 2 chopped peppers, a tin of tomatoes, half a tin's worth of water and a tin of drained chickpeas. Stir well to mix and simmer on medium for about an hour until the sauce is reduced to however thick you like it. Chuck some fresh coriander on top to serve.

Saag Aloo - Tried and tested « Quick Indian Cooking I use frylight instead of oil, halve the amount of potatoes and use frozen or fresh spinach instead of the puree.

Lime Pickle - Life of Bint: Easy Lime Pickle I've made this years without the oil though, so syn free.

Wouldn't the lime pickle be synned because has seeds in it. Checked online cause never heard if fenugreek seeds and they are in the same family ad sunflower seeds which are synned.

Just discovered I love lime pickle x

Back