Whats for tea tonight?

Butt3rb34n said:
Pita pizza with chips and salad! Fingers crossed its going to stop me wanting pizza all the time

I love pizza! I like smash pizzas and I love chicken pizzas. You can still enjoy pizza :)

GinMummy said:
It's the creamy curry made with pureed cauliflower and it sounded good from all the comments but I'm not sure. And before you ask, no I haven't tried the mushy pea one yet and I'm not sure I will now! Oh well, always good to try something new :D

My first attempt at this I made the mistake of doing my usual "creative tweaks" to the given recipe and it was so vile it went in the bin! Persevered though and the next day I tried it again adding nothing but the curry powder (as per the recipe- that will teach me!) and it was so good! The little girl I nanny for said it was the nicest curry she had ever eaten and other than bread, curry is the one thing she loves! Hope its nice! Xxx

That sounds good! If everyone says its nice, Do you know the recipe, or can you point me in the right direction?

t11cky said:
2 x Tesco light sausage, 2 x Fat free Bacon rashes, Baked Beans,Fried Mushrooms 2 x Fried Eggs & sw chips
Please tell me the only syns from this are the Sausages as all fried was using the 1 cal per spray oil and a 3rd of my plate roughly was mushrooms!!
Am I right just 1 syn for the sausages???

Yes if using frylight just syn the sausages :)

Yep that's it. It was ok. I didn't tweak it but it just didn't quite work for me. I may try it again another day... Hmmmm. Generally I don't give up after one failure. We'll see :)

That sounds interesting. Let us know how it is and maybe how to make it if it's nice :)

It was really nice.....and soooo easy!

200g cherry tomatoes (halved), 200g lean bacon (fat removed, roughly chopped), 300g risotto rice, 1 red onion (finely chopped), 6 baby courgettes (sliced), dill or chives (chopped).......into a baking dish.....add 700ml hot veg or chicken stock, cover with foil and cook for approx 1 hr or until rice is done....oven at about 180.....serves 4, free on EE.

fs22 said:
It was really nice.....and soooo easy!

200g cherry tomatoes (halved), 200g lean bacon (fat removed, roughly chopped), 300g risotto rice, 1 red onion (finely chopped), 6 baby courgettes (sliced), dill or chives (chopped).......into a baking dish.....add 700ml hot veg or chicken stock, cover with foil and cook for approx 1 hr or until rice is done....oven at about 180.....serves 4, free on EE.

That's sounds good. And comforting. I have just bought some risotto rice too. Thx

I had cottage pie. Full of peas, onion, mushroom, carrots. Sliced toms on top with hex of cheese.

Experimenting with quorn this week. Had quorn sausage and bean casserole with tinned toms (are they free or should I syn them?) Mushrooms and onions. Had some potatoes with it like done the slimming world chip way, very nice. Will deffo be having it again.

Tomorrow I think we're gonna try quorn mince cottage pie!! I also won the raffle thing they do at class tonight so got a bag full of veggies :) so might make some free soup this weekend seeing as its cold weather. Make good use of my win

Oh and I meant should I syn the tinned toms, read my post back and I didn't make it that clear lol obv I know the quorn sausage are one syn each we made it with 6 sausages between 3 of us

Rochelle1 said:
Experimenting with quorn this week. Had quorn sausage and bean casserole with tinned toms (are they free or should I syn them?) Mushrooms and onions. Had some potatoes with it like done the slimming world chip way, very nice. Will deffo be having it again.

Tomorrow I think we're gonna try quorn mince cottage pie!! I also won the raffle thing they do at class tonight so got a bag full of veggies :) so might make some free soup this weekend seeing as its cold weather. Make good use of my win

Oh and I meant should I syn the tinned toms, read my post back and I didn't make it that clear lol obv I know the quorn sausage are one syn each we made it with 6 sausages between 3 of us

No syns for the tomatoes! They are syn free whether in a can, sliced, chopped, boiled, roasted, grilled or eaten like an apple :D xx

Going back to the UK tonight & will be eating here - having a red day, so trying to decide what is the lowest syn option: http://www.thetalkhouse.co.uk/media/pdf/January%20menu%202012.pdf

Any advice?

With that I would go for the chicken breast, ask for the vinagrette on the side. It all looks syn free apart from that and the chorizo which is about 4.5 syns per 50g (which is loads of chorizo) so I'd halve that for an amount in a dish like that. So, 2 syns for 25g of chorizo + maybe allocate either 6 syns or 1 x hexb for any oil used in the cooking?

It all sounds lovely, hope you have a great meal whichever you choose :)

Think we are having pork steaks done in a maggi do juicy BBQ rib bag with bns chips and salad :) not tried the juicy bags yet so thought I'd give it a go as a quick meal :)

Back