Whats for tea tonight?

Purplebint said:
Chicken and sweet pepper cauli-curry, saag aloo and brown basmati rice

Yum that looks great!! Do you have a recipe?

I've had beef stew, brown rice and steamed broccoli.

Made beef ragu pasta bake from this months mag.

Attachments

• image-3715664432.jpg
    image-3715664432.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 110
tinks* said:
Made beef ragu pasta bake from this months mag.

Ooo I had that too I really enjoyed it :) although I had my low fat cheddar instead of mozzarella as I was too lazy to go to the shops :)

DustQueen said:
Ooo I had that too I really enjoyed it :) although I had my low fat cheddar instead of mozzarella as I was too lazy to go to the shops :)

It was really nice wasn't it. Unluckily had it all in. Was a spur of the moment dinner. Glad I made it. I don't blame you. I would have done the same x

tinks* said:
It was really nice wasn't it. Unluckily had it all in. Was a spur of the moment dinner. Glad I made it. I don't blame you. I would have done the same x

Yeah I really liked it and if I'm being completely honest I didn't make it, I made hubby make it lmao ;)

DustQueen said:
Yeah I really liked it and if I'm being completely honest I didn't make it, I made hubby make it lmao ;)

Even better. :) lol

Yum that looks great!! Do you have a recipe?

I've had beef stew, brown rice and steamed broccoli.

The cauli curry sauce is based on a recipe from here. I use a whole cauliflower broken into florets, cover (just) with water, add a stock cube and simmer for about 15 minutes till the cauliflower is soft. Then I use a stick blender and blend till smooth, add 1 can tinned toms, pinch of garlic granules and some spices. I normally use a blend of cumin, ginger, turmeric and madras. Blend that all together again and simmer for another 15 mins or so. That's the sauce done, it makes loads so I normally bag up half of it for the freezer.

Then to make the curry, I dry fry some onion, peppers and chicken breasts with chopped garlic and chilli added towards the end of the frying. Pour over the sauce, stir well and simmer for 20 mins. Add chopped fresh coriander before serving. It makes a lovely curry with a thick stodgy sauce.

The saag aloo is based on this recipe, I just halve the amount of potatoes, use frozen spinach cubes (defrosted) and leave out the oil - Tried and tested « Quick Indian Cooking

Ooh I can recommend that Scarlett, we have had it a couple of times at the OHs request, I made mine with venison because I had it in the freezer and it's a lovely low fat meat.

Tea tonight is going to be a roasted red pepper stuffed with bolognese, yummy! :drool:

sherlann said:
Ooh I can recommend that Scarlett, we have had it a couple of times at the OHs request, I made mine with venison because I had it in the freezer and it's a lovely low fat meat.

Lovely its nice to hear from others who've tried them too! I love trying new recipes and spices but must admit I'm not very adventurous with any meat away from my norm of beef chicken pork lamb. My OH would love to try more out of the ordinary meats though so good to have a recommendation of somewhere to start- thanks! X

Back