Whats for tea tonight?

Bad day so had a really lazy 5 minute tea, McCain jacket spud, ham and eggs!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Roasted pepper, courgette and onion, with 2 quorn sausages and a HexA of cheese. Oh! And the spicy tomato sauce which was delicious.

image-963602946.jpg

Liver and Bacon, with onions peppers and mushrooms. Carrots, green beans and greens with small portion of pasta. For pudding, melon, grapes and yoghurt.

Would love recipe for this plz

nothing tastes as good as being slim feels

Morning recipe as requested :) I used fresh pineapple and just added a bit more stock as required. I also added some chilli to give it a wee bit of kick - was lovely! Also exchanged the peas for chestnut mushrooms.

Gammon & Pineapple Rice -2 syns due to cooked pineapple
Serves 1
431 cals / 5.5g fat

1 gammon steak
Small onion, finely chopped
Small can pineapple chunks in juice - use fresh pineapple & more stock
1/2 a vegetable stock cube
2oz (50g) dry weight, brown rice
2oz canned or frozen peas
1/2 a red pepper, sliced
Dash of soy sauce
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Cut gammon steak into cubes and gently dry fry with the onion. Add pineapple and juice, the stock cube, rice and approx half pint water and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 10 mins. Add more boiling water during cooking if necessary.

Stir in peas, red pepper and soy sauce and season to taste.

Finally, stir in the chives, heat through and serve immediately.

Last edited:
I am having, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, and beans. Yum! For dessert I wil have a big fruit salad so I have my 1/3 free food too.

Having a binge eating day today (well binge for me, although most would prob disagree). So massive bowl of homemade coleslaw with two toasted nimble, baked beans and cottage cheese my fave meal EVER! Can not wait x

Have ordered a pork leg from tesco that i am going to roast, and will make some syn free bbq sauce to go with it, some roasted new potatoes, steamed green beans and sweetcorn :)

Grilled Salmon Fillet, Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges, Green Beans and Baby Corn

Alycyn1980 said:
Morning recipe as requested :) I used fresh pineapple and just added a bit more stock as required. I also added some chilli to give it a wee bit of kick - was lovely! Also exchanged the peas for chestnut mushrooms.

Gammon & Pineapple Rice - free on EE. Red & Green I have no idea - sorry.
Serves 1
431 cals / 5.5g fat

1 gammon steak
Small can pineapple chunks in juice
1/2 a red pepper, sliced
Dash of soy sauce

Cut gammon steak into cubes and gently dry fry with the onion. Add pineapple and juice, the stock cube, rice and approx half pint water and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 10 mins. Add more boiling water during cooking if necessary.

Sounds delicious! Will definitely be giving this a try!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Alycyn1980 said:

Gammon & Pineapple Rice - free on EE. Red & Green I have no idea - sorry.
Serves 1
431 cals / 5.5g fat

1 gammon steak
Small can pineapple chunks in juice
1/2 a red pepper, sliced
Dash of soy sauce

This sounds delicious but wouldn't you have to syn the canned pineapple?

Legomom said:

I initially thought that but at beginning it says that fresh pineapple was used with a bit of extra stock :)

ohblondone said:
I initially thought that but at beginning it says that fresh pineapple was used with a bit of extra stock :)

Still need to syn as it is cooked pineapple. It would still be low in syns but not free.

Still need to syn as it is cooked pineapple. It would still be low in syns but not free.

Thanks - in that case it will be 2 syns and I will edit my post!!!

Sounds delicious! Will definitely be giving this a try!

Hi Guys

Been pointed out that because the pineapple is cooked it will need to be synned. For 100g Pineapple it will be 2syns - sorry about that but I would say it is still worth the 2 syns :)

Back