Whats for tea tonight?

We are having a family secret recipe 'Special beef' that has been adapted to be low syn with roast potatoes and vegies!

jerk chicken, rice and veg. And a 7 syn cornetto afterwards :)

slimmersally said:
mrstaylor: It's my first time but found the instructions on here . . . I washed, dried and pricked them, wrapped in foil, put in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or you could put them on low for 8+ hours if you were out at work. No liquid in the slow cooker is a new discovery for me - did "roast" chicken this way the other night and it was brill. Search them both and read the threads - really interesting.

No liquid???! Ive never cooked anything in the slow cooker without liquid. Let me know how they turn out?

BBQ time :) having assorted kabobs as my kids insist on calling them!! Theyve been threading chunks of dead beasties onto sticks for the last half hr. Pork steak turkey breast and minced lamb ones with new pots a big yummy salad and corn. 6 syns for the lot.

chicken casserole, made by my lovely mum, with onions and gravy, with mashed sweet potato and mixed steamed veg
not sure about pud, probably will have fruit and yogurt or as ive been good and if and only if i have enough syns left i might have a soya dessert with the fruit, i will have to check the syns though..
i've had a better day today:)

SW Lasagne from the website - Decided to swap parmesan for HEXB low fat mozzarella so makes it free + HEXB

Yum :)

will u let me know what thislasagne is like? i want to try it but im scared of the quark! lol xxxx

Last edited:
Massive dinner, i have had the hangover munchies all freaking day and my fruit is just not cutting it.. totally tested my willpower today but have managed it so far :)

Had malcolm allen scottish slimmers burgers x 2, my free bread x 2, sw chips, gherkins, lettuce, cucumber. Onion dried fried with garlic, spring onion and chillies, with a light baby bell split in half with my burgers.

It was amazing!! Totally stuffed

Im not having my syns, been saving them since wi for last nights vodka :) still have a hankering for sugary treats tho... Aghh

I fancied something different so i tried out tuna rice cakes, tinned tuna mixed with cooked rice, peppers, celery and onion, made into fish cake type things with a light dusting of flour to hold it together then cooked in the oven til browned, they were ok but don't think i will be wasting 3 syns on them again (they worked out about that because i had 2 'cakes' which was half the mixture) had that with home made wedges and shredded cabbage, really filled me up though!! Ww yogurt for pudding, still have 9 syns for the day so might have a couple of cookies and a cuppa later!

Fillet of Salmon, Gnocchi in Tomato and Basil sauce with he cheese (aso put loads of onions, peppers and celery in sauce for 1/3 superfree) was scrummy! x

Back