Whats for tea tonight?

Roast lamb, fry lighted potatoes and lots of superfree with a little gravy :)

mamaboo3 said:
What's the recipe for that ?

Meat balls
Extra lean pork mince 500g,
Half an onion, finely chopped
Red chilli, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, diced really finely,
salt/pepper
1 egg

Mix ingredients together, them form into balls. Will make 8 - 12 depending on size.

Sauce -
Can diet coke,
6 tbsp of passata,
2 tbsp red wine vinegar,
Grated root ginger,
1 tsp of chinese 5 spice,
1 clove garlic diced

Bring coke to boil, add the rest of ingredients and simmer till it thickens.

Whilst sauce is simmering, fry the meatballs in Frylight, when browned, add the thickened sauce, and simmer together in a covered pan for another 10 minutes.

You can used dried spices if you don't have fresh.

Serve with rice and steamed broccoli.

Oh and tea tonight will be big bowl of smush and a bag of frozen fruit salad afterwards..
( smush is mashed up potato, cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, sprouts etc with a cup of gravy thrown in.. Kind of a soup maybe? )

Having Sunday dinner a day early. Quorn roast, roasted new potatoes, parsnips, red onion, garlic, cabbage and gravy. Cooking right now. Can't wait!

Hmm, intrigued... Do tell?
well, it was my first time but I liked it!
Basically, fry off a chopped onion, stick 2 tins of baked beans, passata, mushrooms, garlic, mixed herbs, tabasco in a pan for 10 mins.
Then layer the mixed with lasagne sheets, leave a layer of the mixture on top, stick some foil on then stick it in the oven.. I did it for 20ish mins on about 200.. take the foil off and stick some mozarella on from your HEA, back in the oven, then its done when the cheese is bubbling.

ended up with a greekish salad, lm rosemary and red onion sausages and roasted bns and eggplant ..oh and a roll. easy comfort food :)

image-1202425172.jpg

image-1175731898.jpg

Last edited:
Back