Whats for tea tonight?

I'm getting great ideas for tasty dinners from you all. I've just had vegetable chilli, baked potato and salad and it went down a treat

Barbecue! Burger, sausage, chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad and salad. 3 syns for the plate, and that's for the burger and sausage.

wpid-IMAG2445-1.jpg

Pete's peanut curry made with sliced pork (as had no chicken) and brown basmati rice. Makes a huge amount so will prob portion into 3 or 4 and at 9 syns for the peanut butter makes it about 2-3 syns per portion. Worth it!

Ok here goes and hope it works cos doing this on my iPhone so can't post a link (don't know how). However do look in the sticky about recipes and Pete has some brill ones particularly the curries which I like. Mushy pea curry is great too.

Pete’s Peanut Curry
(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)
Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2
Ingredients
150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
2cm piece of ginger, grated
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Handful of coriander

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the chicken until browned, remove and set aside.
Spray the frying pan again with fry Light, cook onion, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Place the stockpot on top of the cooking food and allow to infuse.
Add the peanut butter and the 200mL of water mix well & cook on a medium heat until the chicken is hot, and the sauce has thickened, sprinkle the coriander over the food.
Serve with rice & side salad.
(Finish the meal with chilled melon)

It doesn't say when to add the pepper but I just put it in after the spices and it was lovely still had a crunch.
Enjoy!

sassjp said:
We had this tonight and it is the best curry I have tasted and well worth the syns

Definitely agree. The peanut butter isn't really noticeable but seemed to make it thick and creamy. I didn't have to add any salt at all and used sugar free peanut butter from sainsburys.

Tonight I am going to make Hungarian goulash, I am using the recipe from the slimming world website. Looks very yummy!

Going to have baked cod with loads of yummy roasted mushrooms, red pepper, red onion and cherry tomatoes :drool:

I'm going to make a beast of a chilli - with baked beans, kidney beans, peppers, carrots, onion, quorn sausages, tinned toms, puree, chilli powder - and serve with wedges.

Back