Whats for tea tonight?

I'm making extra lean steak mince burgers, SW chips and a cous cous salad. I've also made rice pudding (free by the way!) for after mmmmm

I am hoping for an cheeky BBQ to end the summer ... Failing that chicken tikka skewers salad pitta HE and rice

I'm having stuffed marrow. Stuffing it with a bolognese type filling made with turkey mince and loads and loads of veg. Have made enough bolog so it'll do for Monday's dinner too.

While I was chopping the veg I made some chicken liver pate to snack on later.

salmon, boiled potatoes, peas, carrots, asparagus, cabbage

and finished it off with syn free pancake with mixed berries & fromage frais....delish!

missy1978 said:
The quorn recipe is something I made up, just quorn chicken fried with frylight, paprika and thyme until blackened then splashed with lime juice. Was yum!

The rice and peas bit was in the last mag and I highly recommend it! :)

Ooh that sounds nice. We eat Caribbean rice and peas a lot, is it similar?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hells2012sw said:
Ooh that sounds nice. We eat Caribbean rice and peas a lot, is it similar?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It is a version of caribbean rice and peas I think - uses kidney beans instead of black eyed beans and lots of fresh ginger, coriander and coconut milk. It was lovely and v filling :D

Fanta? OmHg I love this website how did you make the sauce for your sweet and sour? Fanta and????????? ?
Here you go Slinkyson

Fanta Chicken (Sweet & Sour) stolen from Corky's Diary

Chicken
chopped red pepper
Chopped onion chopped
fresh pineapple chopped
can of diet Tango/Fanta (330ml) I used Tesco Sugar Free Orangeade
1 beef stock cube
8 tbsps of passata
fresh chillies (I used loads of dried flakes)
1 tbsp vinegar
2 level tsp cornflour (2 syns)

Fry the chicken in fry light for a few mins
add the onion and pepper
cook for a few mins more
mix the passata, chillies, fanta, vinegar and crumbled stock cube together
and pour into the pan with the rest of the ingredients.
Let it bubble until the liquid has reduced
chuck the pineapples in at the end and allow them to warm through but not cook (syns in cooked fruit pah! lol)
Voila! Done!

I also cooked some mushrooms and added once cooked, delish!

spinme307 said:
ooh how does one make that? sounds lush!

Off top of my head its 500g turkey mince, 1 teaspoon each of mixed herbs, oregano, garlic powder,onion powder salt n black pepper n 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper bind it all together so the mince looks smooth shape it into a loaf shape n cook in oven for just over an hr on 180 ***tip is to cook a bit in microwave to taste to see if its seasoned to ur taste if not u can add more stuff***

donnajt that sounds lush !

We are having fish , new potatoes, baby carrots ( from the garden ) some other random veg and maybe a little instant cheese sauce.

Back