Whats for tea tonight?

Having a green day today, so tea is going to be mushy pea curry with an added coconut greek Muller Light (0.5 Syns) to make it just like a korma :drool: Served with rice and vegetable kebabs (mushrooms, red onion, peppers and cherry tomatoes). Yum!

WOOOWWW - does the coconut muller light thing really work!?!?!?!?!?!? xx

WOOOWWW - does the coconut muller light thing really work!?!?!?!?!?!? xx

Yep! It's one of my favourite dishes. It's really no different to adding coconut milk (except you save on Syns!) Really tastes like a korma :) x

Ok, silly question but does the mushy pea curry taste of mushy peas??! So many people have it but I'm actually not fond of mushy peas so is it stupid to try it?! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

We're trying out the chilli and lime sticky fillets with noodles and stir fry veg!

Ok, silly question but does the mushy pea curry taste of mushy peas??! So many people have it but I'm actually not fond of mushy peas so is it stupid to try it?! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

No, it tastes nothing like mushy peas. It tastes like curry. They basically just give it the right texture.

What an odd way to add texture! I usually blend an onion, garlic and ginger with a small amount of water. Gives a great texture. Fry it in frylight, add your ground spices. Then add your meat & veg & chopped toms, stock or something to get it saucy. I'll give the mushy peas a go though, wont knock it till I've tried it!

Looks like we'll be going to my mums and having gammon, potatoes veg.

Okay maybe not now as my son says he isn't feeling well again :( so won't be going to my mums. Will have to decide what to have, not had any meat yet so if we stay at home I might go green... or not depending on what boyfriend wants

What an odd way to add texture! I usually blend an onion, garlic and ginger with a small amount of water. Gives a great texture. Fry it in frylight, add your ground spices. Then add your meat & veg & chopped toms, stock or something to get it saucy. I'll give the mushy peas a go though, wont knock it till I've tried it!

Yeah, I guess it's just quicker and easier for those who aren't the most confident of cooks. It's probably cheaper too, you can get cans of mushy peas for like 3 or 4p. Give it a go, it's surprisingly tasty :)

Princess_Stevie said:
Yeah, I guess it's just quicker and easier for those who aren't the most confident of cooks. It's probably cheaper too, you can get cans of mushy peas for like 3 or 4p. Give it a go, it's surprisingly tasty :)

And it makes a change from a tomato based curry - I love it, but haven't tried it with the coconut muller yet

I tried out the quorn chilli and lime sticky fillets and they were so lovely, had them with lots of stir fry veg :)

Back