Whats for tea tonight?

Estrella said:
I grilled them. They were a little dry cause I forgot to spray with fry light. I think they may have been nicer fried though! It also definately needed a sauce. I just couldn't think what to put with it. x

Thank u :) think I'm gonna try it tonight. Maybe use some soy sauce or ginger n plum

Going to have some sort of curry with rice, need to see what meat takes my fancy from the freezer and then what my boyfriend decides to do with said meat

Melt in the middle burgers topped with sweet chilli sauce. Served with mushrooms, smash onion rings, potato wedges and salad. What a yummy feast! :D

Melt in the middle burgers topped with sweet chilli sauce. Served with mushrooms, smash onion rings, potato wedges and salad. What a yummy feast! :D

How do you make your sweet chilli sauce? or is it a bought one, I always have BBQ sauce on burgers

Think going to have chicken & bacon pasta bake tonight, with mushrooms, tomatoes & peppers.

I say pasta bake, but last time I made it i couldn't wait for it to bake, so it was just pasta with a little cheese on top :)

How do you make your sweet chilli sauce? or is it a bought one, I always have BBQ sauce on burgers

I just use bought ones, depends what i have in. Sharwoods is 1.5 syns a tbsp or Asda chosen by you sweet chilli sauce is only 0.5 syns a tbsp :)

Going to try out the quorn steaks tonight, with chips or cous cous

Oh, please share the recipe? sounds lush!

It is delicious and my favourite!

You need

Chicken fillets (2-3 for 2 people)
sliced peppers (fresh or frozen from iceland)
Soy sauce
Sweet chilli Sauce
Fresh Chilli's or very lazy chilli's or dried chilli flakes
sweetner
1/3 cup of water

Into the wok or pan add your sliced chicken and brown for 2-3 minutes, then add a good few tbsps on soy sauce so that chicken is well coated. Add your peppers and cook for a few minutes.

Then add chilli to suit your taste, i use either 10-15 shakes of chilli grinder or 1-2 fresh chilli's (deseed if preferred but i dont) or heaped teaspoon of very lazy jar chillis. Then add in 1 tbsp per person of sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns each) and a 1/3 cup of water. Cover and leave for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked and tender. Add sweetner at the end to taste. I normally add 4 or 5 tbsps.

After you have added sweetner to taste you can take the lid off and turn the heat up for a minute or two to thicken the sauce.

Serve with rice or chips or wholemeal pitta (HEX) and you can have with salad also if you like.

Its delicious and really easy to make. I sometimes do it with egg fried rice too x

Going out tonight to a friend's film screening. Won't have time to cook when I get home from work and it will be late by the time its finished so I'm slightly in panic mode.... I guess I'll just have to top up with fruit & yoghurt after work and then see if I can get something light after the film as I don't want a massive dinner just before bed! Argh!

I'm having prawn curry with rice - may have a small naan too

ceebeee said:
Going out tonight to a friend's film screening. Won't have time to cook when I get home from work and it will be late by the time its finished so I'm slightly in panic mode.... I guess I'll just have to top up with fruit & yoghurt after work and then see if I can get something light after the film as I don't want a massive dinner just before bed! Argh!

Maybe pick up a salad from asda? Ham n egg one is free and a syn free mugshot? Filling and quick! X

cheesy chips & kebab :eating:

pastagirl said:
Maybe pick up a salad from asda? Ham n egg one is free and a syn free mugshot? Filling and quick! X

Yeh was thinking that but might just grab a bag of rocket, some cherry toms and some ham or something on the way back.

Nothing, I'm not well again!! My little darlings at work have given me ANOTHER bug!!! x

Back