Whats for tea tonight?

Chicken stuffed with cheese, topped in BBQ sauce and wrapped in bacon... yum yum. Having it with steamed carrots, broccoli and leeks and fried mushrooms, onions and toms

Tonight will be Malcolm Allan Scottish Slimmer burger which is free. HEB wholemeal roll, sprinkling of cheese, salad, tomato & onion on my burger. Served with heaps of brocolli & baked beans. nom nom nom

Chicken and Bacon Pasta Bake.

Ooh, does the smash go nice and crispy? I'd never thought of that, what a good idea! Do you think it'd work as a scotch egg covering too?

I'm having salmon and cous cous parcels with an ainsley harriot cous cous packet and loads of extra veg chopped in - really quick and really yummy (1.5syns).

Liz
xx

Ooh, does the smash go nice and crispy? I'd never thought of that, what a good idea! Do you think it'd work as a scotch egg covering too?

I'm having salmon and cous cous parcels with an ainsley harriot cous cous packet and loads of extra veg chopped in - really quick and really yummy (1.5syns).

Liz
xx

I had it last year and it was gorgeous! it goes really cripsy and tastes lovely if you add loads of herbs and spices too it... :)
I have no idea about the scotch eggs thing, guess you could try it though x

I reckon with seasoned turkey mince and smash flakes I might be able to make a syn free scotch egg...hmmm. Never thought that'd be possible!!! Is there -anything- you can't make syn free?!!

Liz
xx

Yeah they were lovely, someone made them as a taster for group. Jut make sure you frylight the baking tray and then lightly spray the finished covered egg too to crisp it up x

Thanks Hayley! My husband will be very pleased!!!

Liz
xx

Pepsi Max Cherry?! Omg I need to find this! I like Diet Coke Cherry but Pepsi Max is so much better :D

Awesome! I'll be trying that this week :) thank you!!

Me too! Definitely!

I do an evening course on a Thursday so I don't get home till 10.30pm which is too late to eat dinner. I usually grab something between work and the course. last week I went to a local chinese place and I asked for beef with blackbean sauce made with no oil (as i am "allergic") and I paid an extra €1 to have extra vegetable and my God the plate was overflowing with vegetables. Normally for a bigger portion I'd say its more like 7 syns becayse the 5.5 syns in the book is for 350g but then again with no oil added I can imagine it probably is at the 5.5/5 syn mark and it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Oh and before I forget...

I made this amazing thai red curry last night from this recipe My Slimline Recipe Book: Thai Curry but instead of coconut milk I used Muller Lite Greek-style Coconut yoghurt (about half a tub mixed in at the end when it was off the heat) and Jumbo Prawns instead of chicken. It was AMAZING!!

Attachments

• curry.jpg
    curry.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 51
lizs84 said:

Liz
xx

I made scotch eggs with it this morning and it was lush! Just make sure you season it really well x

**punk*~*star** said:
Can't decide between:

spaghetti with red pesto (2.5) chicken & roasted veg

MLM salt & pepper chicken, chips & salad OR

A homemade curry...

Not very well so think it will depend on how I feel later :)

Changed my mind again... Chips, egg, beans, onion rings & pickles

lizs84 said:
I reckon with seasoned turkey mince and smash flakes I might be able to make a syn free scotch egg...hmmm. Never thought that'd be possible!!! Is there -anything- you can't make syn free?!!

Liz
xx

I made these with turkey and they were a bit weird...if u can find ex lean minced pork i would use it instead. If u Google slimming world scotch eggs there is a great recipe on utube!!

I've bought chicken steaks instead of chicken fillets for a change. Any ideas what i should make? Im thinking of having pasta with this and some veg and flat mushroom and maybe a Schwartz creamy garlic and mushroom sauce for 2.5 syns for half pack. But what should i do with chicken? Fry/grill/oven? Any ideas on seasoning? Thank u x

Homemade sausage and egg McMuffin with quorn burgers, cheese and a fried egg! With SW chips of course! Seriously....don't knock this combo until you've tried it!!!!!! Deeeelish!! X

pastagirl said:
I've bought chicken steaks instead of chicken fillets for a change. Any ideas what i should make? Im thinking of having pasta with this and some veg and flat mushroom and maybe a Schwartz creamy garlic and mushroom sauce for 2.5 syns for half pack. But what should i do with chicken? Fry/grill/oven? Any ideas on seasoning? Thank u x

I had them yesterday, I just seasoned them with Cajun spice and sprayed with fry light and cooked them in the oven and had SW chips with it and veg and syn free garlic dip made with ff & garlic mmm

jc1976 said:
I had them yesterday, I just seasoned them with Cajun spice and sprayed with fry light and cooked them in the oven and had SW chips with it and veg and syn free garlic dip made with ff & garlic mmm

Yes something like that sounds good. If i don't have many syns left later ill do a ff dip, probably with sweet chilli sauce. And btw what did u have as your "muffin" x

Back