Whats for tea tonight?

MrsWilsoncroft said:
Dinner: Red pepper, yellow pepper, Batchelors savoury chicken rice, bacon, topped with 30g red Leicester cheese (HEA), rocket leaves, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, red onion, mushrooms, Actifry chips.

That looks amazing! How do you get your peppers to keep shape? Whenever I stuff them and oven cook I end up with disasters! I want that now!

I'm having left over red lentil bolognese topped with cheese and served with potato wedges . . . mmm :drool:

Smoked Haddock, Mushy Peas and mixed Veg :)

Veggie chilli, can't wait, I have some yummy sweet peppers which I'm going to stuff with mexican savoury rice and top the whole lot with loads of cheese (well not loads 40g lol)

Veggie chilli, can't wait, I have some yummy sweet peppers which I'm going to stuff with mexican savoury rice and top the whole lot with loads of cheese (well not loads 40g lol)

How do you make your veggie chilli?

X

Could you post the recipe please x

Satay Chicken (or turkey!):

Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green*

*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green

For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais
1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools.

5. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Beat until smooth and serve together with the satay, hot or cold.

Its one I found on here - I didnt really eat much of it as I was so busy in the end and it was 9:30 - I dont think I followed it properly so will have to try it again soon! Let me know how you get on with it? x

Making joannejj's sticky chicken with fried rice and chips and some frozen Veg on the side. Got the chicken marinating now. Can't wait!! Too excited lol x

Don't know yet- off to my mums as always on a Thursday so I'm saving most of my HEXA milk allowance for cups of tea and 13 Syns for dinner :)

How do you make your veggie chilli?

X

I fry off onions and add chilli powder, a bit of garlic, some mustard powder (just a little), paprika and whatever other spices I have to hand, add chopped mushrooms, peppers and whatever other veg I have (added courgettes today) then I add veggie mince (either quorn or adsa meatfree) fry for a couple of seconds before adding some stock, a tin of chopped toms and a tin of kidney beans. I then cover and simmer for at least 20 minutes but find the longer the better

Result- my mum is doing jacket potatoes tonight as she had her Xmas works dinner at lunchtime today so that means if I have the spud and baked beans= no Syns!! :D
Means 13 Syns still to use- oh what shall I have?!

Actually had jacket potato with baked beans, 45g reduced fat cheddar (HEXA- changed it from milk as I've had a small splash today) and 1 tbsp very low fat margarine (1 Syn) and a MullerLight Greek Lemon yogurt (0.5 Syns) :)

I'm having left over red lentil bolognese topped with cheese and served with potato wedges . . . mmm :drool:
Any chance of the recipe 4 the red lentil bolognese please??

Back