Whats for tea tonight?

Im using quorn steak strips for the first time and im going to have them with a curry sauce and rice. I hope they're nice :-s

It was a broth recipe my mam used to make - soak some pulses overnight maybe about an egg cup full if your using a big pan ( mine is pressure cooker size). While they were soaking I cooked a gammon joint in the slow cooker overnight.

Next day chop up the gammon add to the pan with the pulses, carrots, leeks, potatoes, turnip, onions cover all this with enough cold water just to make sure it is all soaked and then boil on a medium heat until everything is soft. I had it tonight when id taken mine out I added dumplings to it for my son he loves them in broth and its so filling. x

My mam makes this! Lol I love it. Got some ham flavour stock cubes I'm hoping she will make it again, I wanna start taking it to work for lunches x
Im using quorn steak strips for the first time and im going to have them with a curry sauce and rice. I hope they're nice :-s
I can never find them! Where did you buy them? Fancied them for a stir fry x
Cba to cook tonight as had nandos for a late lunch so might have a mug shot as found a new one in Tesco chicken tikka flavour its a 2% one so am guessing maybe about 2 syns as its not listed online but just realised can put the info in!
Symington's mugshots never come up in syns online when I try :( x

I miss my mam's Rochelle mine never tastes the same lol - I also miss putting the dumplings in for me as that's what makes it a real hearty winter meal

oooh I've found it its only 1 syn, it worked by just typing in Mu......and then it suggested mugshots but when I searched for mugshots it said couldn't find! Doh!
Oh, I found em today! They must have just put them on recently as I could never find mugshots on there lol thankfully my fave tomato and herb is still free! I tried the tikka and didn't like it. Just saw the cous cous tomato snack is 1 syn I might buy that next time I'm in asda to try x
I miss my mam's Rochelle mine never tastes the same lol - I also miss putting the dumplings in for me as that's what makes it a real hearty winter meal
Awe I miss dumplings too I used to like them. My mam did the last one over Christmas so used proper ham shank stock lol cooked the ham shank in the slow cooker over night and used the juices for stock, but now I've said I want it syn free so bought stock cubes. My nana used to make it when I was a kid but me mams is better! It's nice with some bread to dunk in, could have a weight watchers petit pains with it? I know not the same as a good old dumpling but better than nothing x

Ive got WW petit pan in the freezer may try some next time - and ill deffo try the gnocchi I tried making cous cous ones and they were disgusting lol

Ive got WW petit pan in the freezer may try some next time - and ill deffo try the gnocchi I tried making cous cous ones and they were disgusting lol

You could try the smash scones...lots of debate on them tho as to whether or not they are free. Just eggs, smash, ff cottage cheese and mustard powder in them! X

Spanish chicken from the Hairy Dieters cook book. This is a gorgeous recipe and I would highly recommend it. You only need to syn the chorizo which works out at 9.5 syns for the whole recipe. It says it serves 4 but me and the OH are pigs and so it does us for 3 servings.

Beef Curry using the Chicken Curry sauce recipe in the Curry Heaven book. Braised the steak for a couple of hours so it melts in your mouth. Was absolutely delish, def making it again...soon :wow:

Homemade butternut squash soup for me tonight, I had a terrible day yesterday so wanted something speedy tonight to help make amends!!

Back